S&M COVID CRUISER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are wanting to sell the Avenger frame, I may be interested...PM me :thumbsup:
Haha was waiting for someone to say that as soon as he said he just bought it for the bits. The first thing across my mind was "Well, what about the frame?!"

macncheese ,
Do you have a build thread for your 51 Schwinn? I have a couple canti Schwinn balooner rats and always like to see what cool parts look like on them. :thumbsup:

macncheese ,
Do you have a build thread for your 51 Schwinn? I have a couple canti Schwinn balooner rats and always like to see what cool parts look like on them. :thumbsup:
Its in the gallery section under title of 51 panther. nice simple single speed. nothing overly flash. i have a 68 canti typhoon also in the intro section under hi from downunder. something special about the panther though in that its a much smoother ride.

Haha was waiting for someone to say that as soon as he said he just bought it for the bits. The first thing across my mind was "Well, what about the frame?!"
We're so shameless :bigsmile:

Unfortunately for us Aussies downunder we have no choice but to pay a pretty packet for shipping to get a us classic or something unique. Mind you the chinese made stuff isn’t cheap here. I just paid almost $200 to get a 36 goodrich double straight bar here. Hoping too its as good as seller says it is. I always wanted a bike with that frame. The only nice usa schwinn i found locally was a very late cruiser 5 someone else imported when it was new.

I've ran across a couple bikes I wanted that were in Australia...prices looked good with a favorable exchange rate. Shipping killed those deals dead, doesn't matter how good the exchange rate is :grin:.
Interested in what you found down here?

A Malvern Skidstar and one of my grail bikes, a 2013 GT Speed Series 26" cruiser (hard to find for sale anywhere...found a cheaper one in Aus, but shipping was nearly as much as the bike...over $600).
I would love a skid star too. My dad immigrated from Southern Italy to Australia in the mid 30’s. Worked his backside off in a radio factory and bought a spanking new Malvern Star for about $30 to ride to the train station. Had it 2 weeks before it went missing.

Yes my got his 26" and built it up with killer parts!
20200808_130438.jpg
20200808_130403.jpg
20200808_130749_HDR.jpg
20200808_125213_HDR.jpg
20200808_125219.jpg
20200808_130408.jpg

Latest posts

Back