rug rat ride along complete and on finished page

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: rug rat ride along

IMG_1745.jpg

some eye candy. it's my world sport that I have been riding since 82 the disk came off of a Bianchi if memory serves it wasthe first upgrade and i bought it at a yard sale for 2 bucks redid the rim and mated 2 threaded cluster pieces together with brass to get it working. I believe its a suntour disk and its pre 82 but have never seen another one. did the rebuild 3 years ago and all the stickers are done out of 3m reflective tape. have 1826 miles on it since rebuild

hey guys, been busy at work but got all the sanding done and have most of the brackets built so off to paint We go setting up a paint booth in the shop tomorrow so will be havin fun with that the next week.

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg

IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

hear is the connector for the trail-a-bike still need a piece of square stock for the offset but can move forward until i get to the scrap yard and find a piece.

the bolts are temp. only wits what I had on hand. still have a lot of sanding to get it ready for paint and plan on using stove bolts on the finished product

ok any ideas on were to get a 27 inch tire thats bigger then 1 3/8th it seems to me that you could get larger tires then this?

finally summer has arrived in the high desert! been busy with the garden and getting in some ride time on my bikes! the project is coming along slow but we are still trucken! hopen to have some new pictures real soon

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1814-1.jpg

heres the latest updates to the ride the little dog is Abigail and she decided to be in the picture all on her own. hope you enjoy!

also mega thanks to the how to page that gave me the idea and the incentive to make this front end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the bracket is a step plate off of a garage door and 1 trip to the hardware store (instead of the usual 3) plus a few enjoyable hours!thank you again how to page!

Nice truss rods and rear bracket work.
Looking forward to seeing more.
Have Fun!

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

there finally married!!!!!!!! the upper and lower positions are daily and with the tag-along positions. all of the bracket parts are from garage door stuff which is what I did before my career change, if any one is interested in a parts list just PM me. its a long ride!!!!!, but should end up with a comfort ride position ( just like my 80's? late 70's disk brake on my skinny comfort ride is not new) off to paint? maybe maybe not.

oh, still thinken about replacing the 16p nail with a pin not sure yet if i will (LOL).

oh yah, WONDER TWINS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Freaky Bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

iVOSv.jpg

forgives me! will be back up and running with new pics tomorrow

T

been a little busy at work its that time of the year. but will have pictures of some paint work and will start assembly buy the end of the week.

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg

OK here is what I have been up to, the trail a bike still needs the blue shot on the top tube and decals and clear coat for both then final assembly. polished and clear coated the truss rods and plan on a few more clear coated brass accents too set it off. with the duel tire sizes and stuff took it for a ride before stripping it down and doing paint, not saying it was a hot ride but the end result clearly shows were i road... LOL

CIMG0104.jpg

I have always liked Mixte frames!!!

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg

just got the decals put on and will clear coat the frame tomorrow to seal them in. will have the paint done on the trail a bike done tomorrow also thanks for the posts!

Latest posts

Back