rug rat ride along complete and on finished page

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: rug rat ride along

OK its a awsome day! here are some pics of my parts pile the tear down pile of parts etc. am facing a stuck gooseneck and have had it soaking in penetrating fluid for 2 days. Well teflond taped the fork threads and threaded the cup down to form a small pool at the top of the fork but it did not soak in brute force is on the way!

got it! thinking about going with the hammer peened look on the goose neck (yea right) was gonna heat if i ended up cutting the goose neck but lucked out! an invigorating little session with great tension, epic if I do say so 2 days of soaking in penetrating fluid helped and the fork are all right!

IMG_1733.jpg

part of my mock up and all the parts that i'm using, well maybe not all

got the paint off of the drag bars, crank gear, and seat clamp plus cleaned up a rusty crank arm. cut down a old chrome fender and shortened the holding rods to fit. still need to clean up the reflector and come up with a holding stand and kick stand for the ride-a-long plus build a connector for the bike. my wife will start the sanding for paint this week end while i'm at work. Tuesday will start on the mixti frame with the repair to the cracked braze on the seat stay.

Gold Street Customs said:
Cool !!! I love these frames, I have one sitting on the backburner waiting to do something crazy with. Oregon Desert ? my parents used to own a piece of land in Christmas Valley.

close the one picture is Mt. Jefferson from my front yard. little town of Terrebonne right next to Smith Rock state park. it was an annonymous donation to a bike pile that I had in my driveway and this seamed like a good mix with the mixti.

Looking forward to seeing the two "mated" together.

Curious about this one. Welcome aboard!

liking the mixte choice! I have a Huffy and a Raleigh mixte in the shed. Will definitely keep checking your progress to see a cool mixt-up ratrod!

have not been able to do much this week so thought i would post my BMX bike yes that is a brooks seat

Latest posts

Back