Ruff Lucky frame electric build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try flipping the forks for a more authentic look. I think Rough Cycles messed it up.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 163
So I wanted to stretch the frame out on my bike and bring the rear tire back 5 or 6 inches. The rear drop outs on this lucky frame are bolted on so I got some 1/4 inch plate steel and cut a pair of longer drop outs. the stays widen out so I thought maybe I would put on a 4 inch back tire. Got it all together and everything is good except of course I overlooked the fact that the chain is still 1/2 inch from the tire so fitting a larger tire may not work. I’m ok with leaving the 3 inch tires on but does anyone know a way I could make a larger tire fit?
3DE58548-A0E7-4361-A3D8-3D10AE2FE67F.jpeg
E2E19173-D81A-4382-B84C-C8097E709713.jpeg
093BDF43-DA8F-4D80-A039-BD3F36198CED.jpeg

The first set I made were more of a prototype and I wasn’t totally satisfied with them. I made a few minor mistakes when cutting the steel .They worked fine but as usual I started thinking about how I could improve them. Plate steel is cheap and I got plenty of time on my hands so I figured why not take another shot at it. I like how they turned out. I think they flow into the frame a little better and look better. The frame is powder coated root beer brown, very durable.

I like the progression of ideas and the energy you spent accomplishing them. The frame looks better with lowered seat and extended out the back. I thought it looks like a motorcycle with its own twist. I like the idea of wider straight bars as they increase control. The shifter and IGH are cool too. Be Well, SS.

Yes thx. This bike has been evolving over the past few years as new ideas pop into my brain. Of course I get alot of good ideas from these forums.
I like the progression of ideas and the energy you spent accomplishing them. The frame looks better with lowered seat and extended out the back. I thought it looks like a motorcycle with its own twist. I like the idea of wider straight bars as they increase control. The shifter and IGH are cool too. Be Well, SS.
Ike

Latest posts

Back