RRBBO8 Discussion Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chalk another Anything Goes finished! "BigJIm" is done! :mrgreen:

Big relief to make the deadline too, I was pushing pretty hard at the finish, making silly mistakes that take even longer to go back and correct... :roll:

I don't think my health could have gone much further either, now to just get a couple of riding videos and watch the last couple of days of mayhem unfold on ratrodbikes.com! :D

Luke.

With 52-1/2 hours left in RRBBO8...

Out of 218 build threads, there are 46 completed bikes. The finishers are rolling in...

Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work! Great work!

AAaaand... GTFOATGTBOGMMAS!!*

* That would be... Get To Freaking Out And Then Get To Building Or Go Make Me A Sandwich!

Wow this one might be a real nail biter, most of the best bikes I planned on voting for are not turned in yet and might not finish at all so it's anybody's game. Get to finishing guys!!!

yoothgeye said:
Whoever does it will still get grief, no matter what.

The year I did it (just voluntary as a forum member, before I was a moderator) I had people requesting changes after the voting and prizes had been given out! Ugh.

Yeah I volunteered for that punishment and already got it up and going! So far so good. I went through every thread and looked for the best picture that represented the bike and showed it clearly. If you want the pic changed just PM me, If I missed you entirely just bump your finished thread and I'll add it to the list. (I have forums there marked read so I can check new posts against the list and add them as the new finishers come in.

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=75474

we can still post more pics tomorrow right, I wanted to get a pic of my bike by the same wall as the beginning pic but it was to dark by the time I got it done to night to ride up and get some pics.

dragnusa said:
we can still post more pics tomorrow right, I wanted to get a pic of my bike by the same wall as the beginning pic but it was to dark by the time I got it done to night to ride up and get some pics.

Yes, but the Finished section will be locked down at the deadline.
It usually opens back up a few days later.

outskirtscustoms said:
yoothgeye said:
Whoever does it will still get grief, no matter what.

The year I did it (just voluntary as a forum member, before I was a moderator) I had people requesting changes after the voting and prizes had been given out! Ugh.

Yeah I volunteered for that punishment and already got it up and going! So far so good. I went through every thread and looked for the best picture that represented the bike and showed it clearly. If you want the pic changed just PM me, If I missed you entirely just bump your finished thread and I'll add it to the list. (I have forums there marked read so I can check new posts against the list and add them as the new finishers come in.

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=75474

Thanks outskirts for taking on this confusing task! Now take your punishment like a man! :lol: :lol:

On a serious note, it's guys like you that make this site work! 8)

pick said:
Thanks outskirts for taking on this confusing task! Now take your punishment like a man! :lol: :lol:

On a serious note, it's guys like you that make this site work! 8)

Thanks, It's not too bad as long as you keep it organized...which is not my strong suit... :lol:

(Cut and paste helps) :mrgreen:

Your doing a great job outskirts. Anyone else have a hard time getting a good pic of their bike? The lace work on Chantilly lace is being a real challenge to photograph.

dragnusa said:
Your doing a great job outskirts. Anyone else have a hard time getting a good pic of their bike? The lace work on Chantilly lace is being a real challenge to photograph.
One word of advice is to take the picture as you kneel down on one knee to get on a level with the bike and have the sun or light source behind you. that's how I have gotten some of my best shots. Also remember to photograph the chain guard side of the bike.

8.5 HOURS TO GO

56 out of 160 Traditional builds are finished
23 out of 57 Anything Goes builds are finished

TICK FREAKING TOCK

I have been too busy with my build to look at the Finished bikes. I think I have been catching up for two hours now and I still haven't seen them all and I bet there are just as many that will be posted by the deadline. What an awesome build off!!!!

This has been an amazing experience!

I am so very glad I decided to join in on the fun !

Amazing talents here -- GOOD LUCK TO ALL :mrgreen:

Finished bikes are rolling in! (no pun intended :roll: )

70 traditional bikes, 25 anything goes bikes so far -- we're gonna have a great pool to vote on!

This has been great. It's my first build-off, and it's darn addictive! I'm especially impressed by the few folks who started their bikes in the past week, and finished in time.

The Renaissance Man said:
Another rookie question:
Will the finished forum threads be locked after the 9:00 deadline? :?:

Yes...and will stay locked until after voting has been completed.

99 FINISHED BUILDS
49 MINUTES TO GO

Battered and Beaten just became the 100th finished build with 29 minutes to go!

Latest posts

Back