RRBBO8 Discussion Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The real shame in all of this is the fact that you can only vote for one. There are a ton of entries that I would give up everyone of my bikes to have.

kim_dude said:
The real shame in all of this is the fact that you can only vote for one. There are a ton of entries that I would give up everyone of my bikes to have.
I believe we will be getting 3 votes in each category, slightly easier but not by much! :wink:

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
kim_dude said:
I believe we will be getting 3 votes in each category, slightly easier but not by much! :wink:

Luke.
thank goodness :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: its hard enough picking out a favorite as it is so many cool rides in both categories :D :D 8) :wink: :lol: :lol:

:D

This is my first Build Off so sorry for the Newb questions... :?
( gonna be SUPER hard to pick , so many amazing builds here :shock: )

How does the voting work?
Is there a poll thread when the time comes?
How many votes can we cast? ( per category? )
How long is the duration of the voting process?
Are visitors of the RRB facebook page ( im not on Facebook so I don't know how it works ) able to vote ? ( or is it only for actual members of RRB.com ? )

Best of luck to everyone!
This has been an awesome experience ! :mrgreen:

I know we are allowed one frame change, but I want to revert back to my original frame. Is that a second change, making it illegal?

junknutz1975 said:
:D

This is my first Build Off so sorry for the Newb questions... :?
( gonna be SUPER hard to pick , so many amazing builds here :shock: )

How does the voting work?
Is there a poll thread when the time comes?
How many votes can we cast? ( per category? )
How long is the duration of the voting process?
Are visitors of the RRB facebook page ( im not on Facebook so I don't know how it works ) able to vote ? ( or is it only for actual members of RRB.com ? )

Best of luck to everyone!
This has been an awesome experience ! :mrgreen:

Last year the voting ran for 7 days, and yes there will be a poll thread.
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=61121&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

We should be getting 3 votes each for Traditional and 3 votes each of Anything Goes.
You have to be a RRB member to vote, so basically anyone that signs up with a login can vote.

Wildcat said:
I know we are allowed one frame change, but I want to revert back to my original frame. Is that a second change, making it illegal?

I personally don't think it would be an issue. Basically what others have done (even Fordsnake last year) was to build two bikes and at the end decide which one they want to enter.

There are 218 Build threads...

There are 31 threads in the two "Completed" forums...

So...

Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work! Good work!

And for the rest of you, you have 4 DAYS to GTB!!!
:D :D :D :D :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D :mrgreen:

(3 days, 4 days...doesn't matter if your build is done! :mrgreen: )

There are 4 Days. We have until 9pm on Sunday. :mrgreen:

Another rookie question...

After scanning last years voting thread ( :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=61121&st=0&sk=t&sd=a), I noticed some talk about only having one picture representing each bike in the voting gallery. So my question is this... Does the builder choose his/her one photo to submit or is it selected from the finished threads by someone else?

The Renaissance Man said:

After scanning last years voting thread ( :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=61121&st=0&sk=t&sd=a), I noticed some talk about only having one picture representing each bike in the voting gallery. So my question is this... Does the builder choose his/her one photo to submit or is it selected from the finished threads by someone else?

The voting gallery has always been made by someone as a way that you can see ALL the finished bikes in one thread, this is very time consuming (I did it one year) so normally the person volunteering to make it just picks the best full bike shot. Then after that they get a MILLION PMs asking to switch it to a different photo. A real headache.

Maybe if you have a thousand finished bike photos and you have one in mind that you want to be the best representation in 1 photo, then put it up top in your thread with a note under it (use this photo).

That's my best advice.

You can see the Unoffical Gallery thread from last year here. Cam (Udalcustombikes) organized it last year and Justin (yoothgeye) did the year before.

It's not an easy task, so maybe we can all help them out. Maybe put the photo that you want used as the very first photo of your finished thread and even labeling it as such. Moderators please chime in with your thoughts on how we can help make it easier on you. Of course not everyone reads this Discussion thread, so there will still be people requesting changes.

yoothgeye said:

The voting gallery has always been made by someone as a way that you can see ALL the finished bikes in one thread, this is very time consuming (I did it one year) so normally the person volunteering to make it just picks the best full bike shot. Then after that they get a MILLION PMs asking to switch it to a different photo. A real headache.

Maybe if you have a thousand finished bike photos and you have one in mind that you want to be the best representation in 1 photo, then put it up top in your thread with a note under it (use this photo).

That's my best advice.

Great minds think alike, so who knows why Yoots and I do.

Whoever does it will still get grief, no matter what.

The year I did it (just voluntary as a forum member, before I was a moderator) I had people requesting changes after the voting and prizes had been given out! Ugh.

TOO MANY UPDATES !!!!
MY BRAIN IS OVERLOADING!!!!! :shock:

Latest posts

Back