RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Discussion in 'BIKE TALK' started by Double Nickle, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Gold Street Customs

Gold Street Customs

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

As long as I beat Youthgeye and Schwinnray69....I'm good!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. outskirtscustoms

outskirtscustoms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
    As long as I finish mine by the deadline I'm good. Lots of plans and only a short time to do it.

3. SCHWINNRAY69

SCHWINNRAY69

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

4. SCHWINNRAY69

SCHWINNRAY69

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Sounds like a challange... :idea:

5. kingfish254

kingfish254 Check out the 30+ Items in my FOR SALE thread! Pro Member

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0

I wasn't condoning what the blue bottle tank bike did. When that one showed up at the last minute in the finished bike section, I was ticked me off as well. It was a great looking bike, but it could have been one that was built 5 years ago or just bought from someone.

I know that there is no way that Chips plans for his son to do that. Just look at the cool build that his son is already doing.

6. yoothgeye

yoothgeye I <3 Single Speeds Moderator

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

We can take him.

7. yoothgeye

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I'll hard boil and dye the eggs tonight and hold onto them till the end of the build-off. Maybe I'll keep them in the attic till I put them in a box to ship to the winner.

8. JoKeR63

JoKeR63

0   0   0

Ok, that wasn't the one I was thinking of. Plus Chips has gone out of his way to do this right. Also KF I understand you don't condon this kind of behavior.
    The guy I'm refering to's very first post was in the finished bike section, a clear violation of the rules. And most of us old timers would like to see an intro post as a first post, so it should have been at least #2! :roll:

To me the build report is the most important part of the whole thing. There's a gallery section for showing off cool bikes. I really wish I could remember what bike this was, but it was definitely from RRBO5.

(edit) Found it! It was Naked 41, a grand total of 7 posts, musta' scared him off!

9. Houndog

Houndog

0   0   0

We had a build off on a custom drum forum I'm on, this new guy shows up and makes a really cool totally homebuilt drum..
    Only problem was it didn;t sound very good...He got real crappy with everyone when he didn't win...

He didn't stick around for long after that,it's definetly not a place for those with thin skin on that forum...
    We didn't even have a prize!!!!!

10. streetpirate

streetpirate

0   0   0

so we should cancel the build off? It's just plain fun. I'm going to be excited to get any votes at all, I have no expectations of winning but the competition is the fun part.

11. outskirtscustoms

outskirtscustoms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I think the build off is a great way to start the year off in a positive way. Blow off some steam, shake off the winter blues, and get back to building some cool bikes. As long as Rule #10 still aplies I think we are fine.

10. Don't ask a bunch of goofy questions trying to get around the rules...just build a cool bike and have fun.

12. outskirtscustoms

outskirtscustoms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

You can if it is covering a factory frame :idea: Otherwise it would be in violation of rule 3. Cool idea though. Maybe save it for the after build off anything goes build off.

13. brett4christ

brett4christ

0   0   0

I'm doing my part to have fun......I tore down my starter bike to get to the frame and try to see how bad it is under all the layers of old silver and blue paint.

If the head tube is ANY indication of the condition of the chrome under the aged paint, i need to change the name of my build to..............

*****BRIGHTLINER*****

Get your Ray-Bans ready!!!!!

14. outskirtscustoms

outskirtscustoms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Speaking of shiney that gives me an idea. Maybe an Airstream build is in order :idea:

15. brett4christ

brett4christ

0   0   0

A mini-airstream to pull behind the rest of your build!

16. KOTA

KOTA

0   0   0

Like this
    [​IMG]
    Or like this
    [​IMG]

Both done by member "thatismytruck" (he's like..nine feet tall)

17. Chips_Mahoy

Chips_Mahoy Pro Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks KingFish! I appreciate that!

I'm not always the greatest at following the rules in some situations, but I think that's part of my job at times. Things like the build off I follow the rules because it's the right thing to do. I try to instill this into my boys as well. There's no sense in cheating to win. There's no reward of your investment. For this build off, I'm building two bikes. I don't really know which one will be my "official entry" as of right now, but one thing is for sure....I'm going to have fun building them!!!!

18. yoothgeye

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Last year I pre-wrote my 1st build thread post and had it waiting, when Steve opened the forum I copied and pasted it in place for maximum exposure thinking that I would just post the idea and the "before" photos and then go to bed, but just seconds later another was posted and another, I was up till almost 4am! haha

I thought I would be too busy to do anything that first night, but I went out to the shop and quickly had a mock up! Man, the build-off just does something to you. It's exciting, and when I vote on a bike I am voting on someone who I see that fire in as well. Some did cool bikes and hard work and followed the rules, but it didn't seem like they were in it for the right reason. I might have talked some junk, but I love the build off and it really set a good tone for me last Summer.

I still remember throwing this together, you can see in the photo that the headlight is held on with bailing wire and the only reason the mock-up bars are flipped is because right before I shot the photo they fell down because the stems weren't tightened. I looked at the date stamp: Date/Time: 2011:05:01 11:42:09 Wow. A lot changed on the bike after that photo, but I knew what I was going for, and until that late night mock-up, I really didn't have a real direction. A lot has changed in the shop too, and this build-off I will introduce you all to the new improved shop since the tree fell through the roof.

[​IMG]

Good times.

19. yoothgeye

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

20. kingfish254

kingfish254 Check out the 30+ Items in my FOR SALE thread! Pro Member

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0

Have fun getting a head start on BO7 everyone!!!
    I am heading to Southeast Asia to pick up my build bike.
    Bon-Voy-Ahh-Gee!