RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
streetpirate said:
I'm in $5 for the frame, $50 for used wheels, tires, bars, stem, forks, bottom bracket, seat and post. still need the cranks and chainring, chain, and brakes (gosh a bike with brakes! that will never win with all those cables cluttering up everything!)

Last year I completed my bike for under $100 and I talked about the money a lot because of the rules, but of all the things that people commented on, nobody seemed to care that I spent very little money, so I guess it's a non issue, so I won't worry about announcing it this year, but I will say, everything I build is cheap.

Gold Street Customs said:
10 .The joy of being in the brother (and sister) hood of bike builders and riding a personel creation
LETS BUILD!!!!

Love your list, you can use the word "brotherhood" alone without offending any females, if it is offensive ladies, please speak up.

Sometimes we are overly sensative for no reason because we wouldn't have offended anyone in the first place, don't get me started. haha

I am just happy I don't have to strip any paint this year, what a nightmare that was!

yoothgeye said:
Thanks, sometimes I need a reality check. It's easy to get "cabin fever" on a forum after you've been there for a while with little outside interaction with bike people, you start questioning motives. The longest forum I was a member of was mostly people from NC, VA, and SC, so we met up twice a year and that helped break any impressions you had made about them based on what they typed (or how they typed).

Anyway, I'm going to have fun this year, I'm going to be a big player, and I WILL get more votes with my Pacific Cycles China made bike than someone who drops big cash on an antique frame and high dollar wheels and tires.

I have been thinking a lot about my final photo shoot... I want there to be action involved... Stay tuned.

Now I just need a "hook" for my updates to keep people coming back...
I got those pics you wanted just gotta get them uploaded I'll send them in a P.M an your not winning the build off I got this yr in the bag no need in you even trying really no hot chic in the photo no gimic to get pple my ride will be so awesomely cool that pple will be drawn to my build like a moth to the front porch light

big kountry said:
I got those pics you wanted just gotta get them uploaded I'll send them in a P.M an your not winning the build off I got this yr in the bag no need in you even trying really no hot chic in the photo no gimic to get pple my ride will be so awesomely cool that pple will be drawn to my build like a moth to the front porch light

Hot chick? Whatever, I intentionally kept myself out of the photos last year so as not to unfairly win.

The Veg-O-Matic arrived in the mail today, so all the major parts are here. And I'm hopin' to take the next week off, I plan to hit the ground runnin'!

vego.jpg

Is it 6 days?, I wonder if Steve is going to start at Central or East Coast time? :)

The bike I am building didn't cost me squat! I am setting my goal to keep the bike free or to make it pay me to build it. The three wheel tandem I got on a trade. I traded my yellow tandem (Paid $100) for both my three wheel tandem and another regular tandem (that I sold for $100) so I got the 3 wheel with the engine kit for free! Most other parts were on bikes that I gave next to nothing for and probably made profit on, tires are ones I had laying around, seats were both trash finds on Schwinn electric scooters, I think the paint will cost more than the bike in this case. Might go bare metal just so I don't have to spend anything on paint. :mrgreen:

Peatbog said:
A no-cost bike eh? That's worth a vote right there.*

*I think I already promised about five votes so far. That could be a problem.

Well since you are also Youthguy and Kingfish it'll work out :lol: :wink:

tanksalot said:
Riddle me this ..
I'm just wondering Does a Build off bike have to be leg powered ? :?:
As long as it can still be human powered & petaled . :lol:
Also I wont be altering the original frame .. :D

Last year we had an adult balance bike, the Hot Rod Hobbyhorse: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=43689

tanksalot said:
Riddle me this ..

12. All builders using tank in their name must build leg powered bikes. :p :mrgreen:

tanksalot said:
Riddle me this ..
I see nothing in the rules that says you can't, Go for it!

Got my frame today by way of Illinois to California.. Started organizing parts. It'll be a put together, nothing custom. Buuuuut it is a desirable frame, and It'll be a cool color.. We'll see if anyone else uses the same frame! Cant wait.. Has RatRod posted this years rules/special interests yet???

Critter1 said:
Got my frame today by way of Illinois to California.. Started organizing parts. It'll be a put together, nothing custom. Buuuuut it is a desirable frame, and It'll be a cool color.. We'll see if anyone else uses the same frame! Cant wait.. Has RatRod posted this years rules/special interests yet???

Patience!

yoothgeye said:
Critter1 said:

Patience!
tic toc tic toc.......

Critter1 said:
I seen that frame when you bought it :mrgreen: Whats cool chances are I may get to see it in person at maybe Cyclefest this year :?:

Chips_Mahoy said:
kingfish254 said:
You need to set him up with an avatar and such.

I've signed him up for the forums. Just waiting on the approval. He's got a design plan and a name for it ready to go!!

We haven't received any kind of approval for him so he can log on. If he doesnt get approved for the forums but the request was sent in prior to the BO start, will he still be able to participate in it?

Latest posts

Back