RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL BUILD OFF 7 "HYPE-UP" THREAD!

Skipton said:
udallcustombikes said:
Rule number 3 states no altering the frame, ie no welding. All of the mods I have seen mentioned here have either bolt on, clamp on, or in the case of the bar added to the diamond frame epoxied on modifications. Breaking the rules will not get you disqualified, but the voting membership will take it into account.

8. Parts can be attached any way you wish (includes welding).

Just saying :wink:

It's only March and there are all ready 5 pages of Build Off talks :shock:

Let's not forget it for FUN!

Parts can be attached by welding, but I see things such as drop-out extensions, extended head tubes, and new tubing as frame mode, not parts. Maybe its just my point of view. We have almost 9700 members who will decide what defines "parts" and "frame modifications".

I know this thread may seem like it's all bickering but this is needed. If we don't take two months before the build off to get everyone on the same page, we will emd up wasting up two month during the build off. So although these questions are hard to answer and repeatative...they need to be talked about!

Double Nickle said:
I know this thread may seem like it's all bickering but this is needed. If we don't take two months before the build off to get everyone on the same page, we will emd up wasting up two month during the build off. So although these questions are hard to answer and repeatative...they need to be talked about!

+1

udallcustombikes said:
Double Nickle said:

+1

Put me down for +2

I will not play this year due to a mass of emptiness in my pockets but I will vote.

Do you want to win my vote? I'll tell what I would like to see.

I like internal multi gears hubs but I would like to see a 12" bike with a 5 speed or 10 speed.

I will also like to see a snake skin paint job.

And of course bikes with the rat rod bikes badge will have my attention.

Good luck.

axsepul said:
I will not play this year due to a mass of emptiness in my pockets but I will vote.

Do you want to win my vote? I'll tell what I would like to see.

I like internal multi gears hubs but I would like to see a 12" bike with a 5 speed or 10 speed.

I will also like to see a snake skin paint job.

And of course bikes with the rat rod bikes badge will have my attention.

Good luck.
ok.....check...check, should still have some cans of snakeskin paint,in a box...order the head badge,and...oh yeah, install TWIN rocket motors! :lol: maybe some new grips too.

Here's an idea.....DeLorean emblems as head badge, a "Mr. Fusion" on the rear rack to power the flux capacitor. I'll still need a rocket pack to get to 88 mph.......unless I can get TWO flux capacitors.....then I only need 44 mph!!!!

OOPS! Did I really type that!!! Oh, well, the cat's outa the bag!

:lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

brett4christ said:
Here's an idea.....DeLorean emblems as head badge, a "Mr. Fusion" on the rear rack to power the flux capacitor. I'll still need a rocket pack to get to 88 mph.......unless I can get TWO flux capacitors.....then I only need 44 mph!!!!

OOPS! Did I really type that!!! Oh, well, the cat's outa the bag!

:lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

Well, you'd also need a stainless steel frame and a gullwing saddle! :mrgreen:

Mine will have 3 wheels, but not a trike.

Why get bullet hole stickers when you can have real bullet holes?

If you need help with bullet holes, just give me a call!

Remember you'll have to "massage" the exit wounds to prevent future flesh carnage. :lol:

yoothgeye said:

I am sure you have something cool in mind. Loved your bike last year. Especially the rear fender flames.
3 wheels but not a trike. hmmmmmmm. I am picturing 3 wheels in line, the middle wheel is always on the ground, but the front or back wheel depend on if you lean forwards or backwards.

kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:

I am sure you have something cool in mind. Loved your bike last year. Especially the rear fender flames.
3 wheels but not a trike. hmmmmmmm. I am picturing 3 wheels in line, the middle wheel is always on the ground, but the front or back wheel depend on if you lean forwards or backwards.

Haha, this will not be a novelty bike like my tall bikes of swing bikes, this will be a rider(s). :wink:

I guess my build will depend on three things:

1. Frame= will determine what kind of bike it is (Pashley Guv'nor-alike, or cargo rat)
2. Wheels= will be a challenge. I want the perfect wheels for it. It's gonna be a rider. Thinking alternative lacing, oddball hubs, etc.
3. Budget= will trump all of the above. :)

(afterthought)
I've been itching to build a road bike with moustache bars, drum brakes, and white tires. I'd love to build it so it weighs close to 20 pounds, but that's a tough call... I think if I use a light frame, alloy everything, and a single front chainring, I can do it.

Can you see it? I can... :) keeping up with the crabon fibre' crew on my "tank" that weighs less than an off-the-shelf road bike.

It is obvious that this forum is full of trash pickers, yard salers, deal hunters, and dumpster divers. I say this with the utmost admiration and respect!!!!!!
We all have the "Schwartz" for deal hunting. Use the power of the Schwartz to offset your build-off budget.
Keep the cool stuff you find for your builds and rides, but sell off some of the other "junk" and rewarded by the Schwartz you will.
The Schwartz is strong in this group.
May the Schwartz be with you!

I probably won't win anyway so I just build something I want to ride. Winning would just be a bonus. Being disqualified for doing something that blurs the lines of the rules would be a complete contradiction to what Rat Rodding is all about.

My only challenge is low budget, lack of uber cool parts, and this is the first time I'll be entering. Last year I couldn't find parts in time, and the year before I joined the site right after the build off ended. Let's just say "IT'S PAYBACK TIME!" :mrgreen:

Just a question, Is this considered a frame mod? The original frame IS intact it's just been added on to.
reallowstingray.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
I probably won't win anyway so I just build something I want to ride. Winning would just be a bonus.

This is the right attitude to have, man. You build the most awesome bike you can, and spend time on the details, and you'll have a good shot at placing in the top 5. The voters here are also builders, and we know what goes into making a good bike. Just do your best.

Besides what do you get for winning? A few bragging rights? I'd rather have another cool bike.

Looking forward to seeing what Petrohead designs for the trophy this year.

Exactly Peatbog, We have to have variety. It's like when I used to go to car shows, there's always 50's Chevy trucks, '57 Chevys, but I was the only guy there with a '66 International Pickup. Anybody can go through a catalog and buy parts and make a cool vehicle but it takes a special kind of car guy to restore a truck that they do not have a catalog full of parts for nor do they re-produce anything for.

In bikes I like to see the same thing. Something different. Something that pushes the envelope of what a bicycle can be. something I want to steal ideas from. :mrgreen: That is what gets my vote.

Latest posts

Back