RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still sort of a newbie to this site.... I think I shall participate in this extravaganza bike building adventure ..RRBB07! :D The disease has taken control of my thoughts... everything looks like potential parts and ideas!!! Does anyone know a good bike-a-holic physician? "Take two Schvinns, and call me in the morning!".
Would it be permissible to have an extremely hot female model to help define and promote my contraption, I mean, astonishing project?
LOL
Looking forward to Rock'in in a new Rat with the RRB gang!

mitchelangelo said:
Would it be permissible to have an extremely hot female model to help define and promote my contraption, I mean, astonishing project?

It's been done in the past, just make sure all content is family and work safe. :mrgreen:

Peatbog said:
Okay, now I have a bike, two cans of yellow paint, some vinyl decals, a can of white paint, a can of black paint, and a slick whitewall tire. I'm ready.

I have the bike(s) and a few ammo cans, a headlight, some material, and uhhh... I need to find a good deal on some OD paint.

Can't wait for may 1st to begin work on my second rrbo bike (did up a 65' Hawthorne step thru cruiser for my wife rrbo5) and it's gonna be way better than my first attempt a few years ago. I am thinking a boardtrack inspired fixie cruiser, as i've never even rode a fixie before. Have a 79' Huffy Good Vibrations cruiser frame and once I am done with it, i'm calling it "Menacing Vibrations", cuz after i'm done with it, nothing gonna be "good" about it.

One lame question... is the finish date August 1st? And I hope it does not have to be street legal (fixie without brakes).

roadmaster said:
One lame question... is the finish date August 1st? And I hope it does not have to be street legal (fixie without brakes).

I believe that is the finish date, and street legality has nothing to do with this, these are bicycles, not cars, because if we were building cars I would WANT to be building street legal, but these are bikes, make them as stupid as you wish. Though I don't agree with brakeless, people have done brakeless bikes in the buildoff, more for style than anything else (maybe they were just lazy :wink: ) but on a fixie, you still kind of have a way to stop without brakes... it's called crashing. (yes, I own a fixed gear)

yoothgeye said:
...and street legality has nothing to do with this, these are bicycles, not cars, because if we were building cars I would WANT to be building street legal, but these are bikes,
So you mean the mercury filled auto-leveling turn signal thingy i bought was a waste of money???

Chips_Mahoy said:
yoothgeye said:
...and street legality has nothing to do with this, these are bicycles, not cars, because if we were building cars I would WANT to be building street legal, but these are bikes,
So you mean the mercury filled auto-leveling turn signal thingy i bought was a waste of money???

No, not at all, break it and pour the mercury into your hand for hours of fun and the thrill of possible poisoning.

OK, since everyone else is, let's start my parts pile checklist ......

Flightliner Starter bike (complete with unwanted paint-over-chrome finish)....check! (Thanks, YG!)
Radical Vintage fork (from donor bike).....check!
Short-n-Fat tires.....check!
Alloy rims.....check!
Vintage Bendix coaster hub (from donor bike).....check!

Disassembly alone will probably take a week (to remove, clean, tag and store). I have to act fast, since I have to be able to take some key parts to get chromed 2 weeks later.

No need to wish me luck....Like Gold Street Customs said, He's all the help I need!

SDG

deorman said:
I will not be building a fixed gear sidecar tandem tall bike. :p

We came close to making the last tall bike a tall swing bike... that would have been stupid as the 20" swing bike is hard enough to ride, and it's short! I rode it a couple miles this weekend, hard to ride 1 handed, impossible to ride standing up.

I won't be starting until sometime after May 16, so I hope everyone enjoys the Headstart that I am giving you.

You are going to need the extra time!

Lugisland said:

I'm going to spend the next week cleaning my shop and organizing parts.
I'd like to use only parts that I have on hand...

LESS THAN A WEEK! Crap, nevermind again.

This is what I mostly did last year, parts on hand.

Latest posts

Back