RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yoothgeye said:
Kingfish, what's that plant growing under your spiral staircase? Maybe that's your inspiration for using folking bikes, motorcycle tires, and water skis in the same build...

Sorry, no medical wacky tabacky here. :lol:

Just a bizarre imagination, killer scavenging skills, and a few ("water bottles")* of inspiration. 8)

*(Preferably from Founders or Duck Rabbit)

Peatbog said:
wooden_push_bikes.jpg

Cool, a Pan Flute scooter.
El Condor Pasa

sand.jpg

This is what I am going to build.
A Fred Flintstone Chopper!
Yabba Dabba Doo
(this would make a cool avatar)

fredchopper.jpg

Well it has no motor or electric power source at all. The only thing left is the on/off switch, an indicator light and a couple wires. There's a relay box or something that was connected but it was removed. So basically he wants to build his own custom chopper-like kick scooter out of it. And he will be doing a build thread on it. If its acceptable....cool. If not, he'll build a bike frame bike and will still build the scooter. He just want "to be different" he said....... No idea where he got that from.... :wink: He's pretty easy going most of the time and will build whatever he can in accordance to the rules. That's my rule! 8)

Chips_Mahoy said:
Well it has no motor or electric power source at all. The only thing left is the on/off switch, an indicator light and a couple wires. There's a relay box or something that was connected but it was removed. So basically he wants to build his own custom chopper-like kick scooter out of it. And he will be doing a build thread on it. If its acceptable....cool. If not, he'll build a bike frame bike and will still build the scooter. He just want "to be different" he said....... No idea where he got that from.... :wink: He's pretty easy going most of the time and will build whatever he can in accordance to the rules. That's my rule! 8)

I say build it.

I'd say go for it as well. No one has raised any objections and there are clearly examples of bikes that are foot powered instead of pedal powered.
If the build off starts and anyone gives him any grief, he can always continue building it and switch to a regular frame as well.
I think it is cool that he has a vision for what he wants out of something that is "different".
Google stingray scooter for some cool inspiration.

Okay.....cool! 8) he'll be excited to hear that after school. I won't give away some of his ideas but I've got to say, I'm impressed what comes out of that brain of his. He's thinking Rat Rod and practicality at the same time! Thanks!

Chips_Mahoy said:

I still got plenty of toggle switches!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49856&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

kingfish254 said:
erichitscar said:
WOOOOT! ( me being excited) I'm in, LETS DO THIS!

Watcha got planned Eric??????

To be honest, I don't have anything planned. I have a few bikes I've picked up over the last year just begging to be done up... I think i'm just going to wing it!

I looked back through the build offs. I didn't see the winning bike on all of them. Anyone know what brand of bikes have won? Have any Columbia's won?

When Aaron got home school I shared the good news with him. You should've seen his excitement! We spent about an hour designing and drawing out his plan. It's gonna look cool!! 8) 8) Think "Top Fuel with beverage service".......

Chips_Mahoy said:
When Aaron got home school I shared the good news with him. You should've seen his excitement! We spent about an hour designing and drawing out his plan. It's gonna look cool!! 8) 8) Think "Top Fuel with beverage service".......

Cool, guess he will be serving ginger ALE and root BEER.

I might build a Pixie chopper like this, but better.

Pixie2.jpg

13 DAYS!!!!!

LESS THAN A WEEK TO GO!!

Latest posts

Back