RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yoothgeye said:
whoinphx said:
OK....I think I might have to go to Confession for just thinking about what I've thought....
( Forgive me Father for I have sinned....)
A brainstorm the size of a hurricane hit me while at work last night....and I do believe I've got my idea set for my Build Off bike.
Details will follow later,( Sometime around MAY 1 2012 ). But I have come up with a name......

http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=drumroll (Thanks to deorman )

**** "The Great Space Coaster" ****

Awesomeness and Insanity to follow .... I Hope ....

Too obscure. Please focus, throw us a bone please. :lol:
And to yoothgeye .... I'm sorry no bones just yet ... I'm focused as much as I can be.... I was a mess last night at work with all the ideas and possibilities and angst.... I'm focused now
I never finished last years Build Off .... I didn't touch a bike, other than to ride it for almost 4 months afterwards .... I'm finishing this year cause I'm not going to feel like that again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Svm8xc1z8

My Motto as of 5/1/2012 .....

I'm too old to know about the Great Space Coaster, unless you are talking about the great Space Ghoster.

As far as Krofft shows to get inspiration from, how about something from HR Pufnstuf!!!!???? :p

There was definitely a 'chemical influence' at work with the Sid & Marty Krofft shows!

HR_Pufnstuf_GAZI1964.jpg

H.R. Pufnstuf,
Who's your friend when things get rough?
H.R. Pufnstuf
Can't do a little cause he can't do enough.

Fweddie da fwute!

Strange days indeed, most peculiar momma, roll!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Home with kids today, instead of sitting around in the house I took them for a drive through the country, ended up in a little town and found a free exercise bike! PARTS!

18 DAYS!!!!!

For most every one else. Bit longer for me, but I will be there in spirit!

kingfish254 said:
18 DAYS!!!!!

We can hardly wait! Maybe by then I, the voices in my head, and the demons that keep me up at night, will have come to an agreement on which bike to build. :shock:
No matter what I build, It's gonna be awesome! :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:
18 DAYS!!!!!

I must've missed this detail, what awesome trip will you be on this time?

We won't get back home until May 14th. Going to Southeast Asia. Burma, Bali, Indonesia, and Malaysia. It's gonna be a hot one, but exotic.
I hope that I get decent internet access so that I can see everyone's build threads as they start.

Who knows what kind of inspiration I will get over there? Maybe I'll come back and build a Buddha Rat Rickshaw!!!!?????

Can you stop by Hot Wheels in Malaysia and get me a shirt? :mrgreen:

Have fun! :p

kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:
18 DAYS!!!!!

We won't get back home until May 14th. Going to Southeast Asia. Burma, Bali, Indonesia, and Malaysia. It's gonna be a hot one, but exotic.
I hope that I get decent internet access so that I can see everyone's build threads as they start.

Who knows what kind of inspiration I will get over there? Maybe I'll come back and build a Buddha Rat Rickshaw!!!!?????

kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:
18 DAYS!!!!!

Seriously... First the Spaceliner now the Buddha Bike ??????
I wasn't planning that for the Build Off, but I'have the PERFECT "Headbadge" that I've been wanting to use....

PICT4674.jpg

PICT4675.jpg

I think it might be Hindu not Buddhist though....

yoothgeye said:
You're both wrong, she's Mayan and she says y'all can't finish your bikes according to her calendar.

I only needed 30 days to get 28th place last year. This year I will have more than twice the time, so I should be able to get around 56th place or more.

whoinphx said:
Seriously... First the Spaceliner now the Buddha Bike ??????
I wasn't planning that for the Build Off, but I'have the PERFECT "Headbadge" that I've been wanting to use....

PICT4675.jpg

I think it might be Hindu not Buddhist though....

Pretty cool!! Believe it or not, it never crossed my mind to keep my eye out for Build Off parts while I was over there. Thanks for the inspiration.
I think you are right about it being Hindu. The countries we are visiting are Buddhist (Burma), Hindu (Bali), and Muslim (Indonesia and Malaysia).

Cue up Crosscut Saw from the Hindu Love Gods and get to Hypin'.

deorman said:
Oh, man, that thing there is some bad ju-ju. You'd best just sit this one out. :mrgreen:

It does kind of remind me of the evil Tiki that Greg Brady was wearing when he wiped out on his surfboard in Hawaii.

Marsha, Jan, and Cindy had a fit!!!

17 DAYS!!!!!

kingfish254 said:
17 DAYS!!!!!

I won't be starting right on the 1st, as I am working a LOT of hours, with a 3 hour round trip commute to boot.

But I've got my plan, and I'll get her built before the deadline, I'm sure.

Alright, Double Nickle started this thread then disappeared, so everyone in here needs to agree not to vote on his bike, even if it is as awesome as last year's bike. OK? Good.

Now, in these next 17 days what all does everyone need to finish up before starting the build-off and becoming consumed with their projects.

I want to swap a wheelset and my tall apes onto my 1956 JC Higgins and turn it into a rider. This will also entail fixing the loose 3 piece crank and putting a straight fork on it or bending the original.

Who else has a pre-build-off project?

Latest posts

Back