RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
outskirtscustoms said:
I can see it now, a guy with his wife's hair dryer trying to bend PVC in the garage at 4am.

Last time I bent PVC it was over the electric stovetop in the kitchen, about 9 in the morning with 3" PVC. It was snowing and I needed a sled. Wife complained about the fume, sure they're toxic but... nevermind, let's leave.

yoothgeye said:
outskirtscustoms said:
I can see it now, a guy with his wife's hair dryer trying to bend PVC in the garage at 4am.

Last time I bent PVC it was over the electric stovetop in the kitchen, about 9 in the morning with 3" PVC. It was snowing and I needed a sled. Wife complained about the fume, sure they're toxic but... nevermind, let's leave.

:D :D :lol: :lol:

Most trampolines are 14' or larger, but one day I did see an 8' tramp and that would be pretty close to being the right size to use the outer ring.

kingfish254 said:
expjawa said:
I think I'm drawing inspiration from highboy roadsters and Deuce Coupes that really started the whole salt flat scene, going with a LSR theme. But I might not. I was contemplating a very different theme involving a Luxury Liner and a certain jolly old elf. But that's evolving in my head into more of a stretched cargo bike, so it's outside the RRBBO rules now. But maybe I'll work on it after this thing's done...

Jawa, I am feeling you. If you look at my pre-RRBBO7 dream board, salt flats and dragster themes have been inspiring me for a while now. Ever since I found that Cannondale streamlined kiddie trailer last August, I have been thinking of a salt flats sidecar.

I look forward to seeing what's in that mind of yours. Good luck!
I was debating posting this, but what the heck. It'll probably change before I'm done anyway. Quick concept sketch I drew up of what I'm planning:
rocket_1.jpg

If you look past the crude bits and disproportions, I think this more or less lays it out. There are a lot of small details in the original sketch that don't really show well in the scan. But, that's ok. I'm using (I think) a Monark Rocket that bought a few months ago, sort as a kit missing pieces. So far I haven't done anything with it, save locate the correct tank for it, and the frame is hanging in my shop. Seems like as suitable a starting place as any...

Looking good on paper Rick. Nice details.

Three days with no hype??????!!!!

kingfish254 said:
Three days with no hype??????!!!!

I've been dealing with a conflict of build ideas. I had one I was going to do for sure but with all this time to kill until may 1st, I've conjured up at least 2 more build ideas!!!! :shock:

Conflict on my end, too! First, I was only going to use what I have or could FIND (no purchases other than maybe tires/tubes). Then I thought I had a chance at a set of cream Thick Bricks, but no frame, and now no tires, either! Now I have a lead on a frame (thanks, YG!) and a deal on some fatty black 24's. Now I need to piece together some wheels. AND it's still 2+ weeks before the start of the buildoff

How many more times can I change my mind?!?!?!?!

Peatbog said:
Why is there a slot in half-link chain sprockets?

Because.

And in other news, I'm still ready to go and beat all of you to a pulp, but my wife likes her orange juice without pulp, so I'll just beat you all to juice.

brett4christ said:
How many more times can I change my mind?!?!?!?!

Wait until the build off starts and you will definitely find out!!! :D

Lugisland said:
I'm having a hard time finding the right frame for the buildoff. I'm partial to twin top tubes, but I haven't seen any around lately. I might get a late start... :?

Just add second top tube. :p Maybe use a cutting disk or sawzall to split your current top tube. Done and done.

Give me about a week to get pics of the frames I'm letting go cheap to free up space. There are two twin top tube Ross frames that are in the mix. They'll be in the for sale section. One of my frames could be good luck. The first Auction Rat used a Murray frame I donated.

Lugisland said:
I'm having a hard time finding the right frame for the buildoff. I'm partial to twin top tubes, but I haven't seen any around lately. I might get a late start... :?
same here cant seem to find a cantilever frame to use for mine.

Lugisland said:

I just did a trade for a Hawthorne w/ twin top tubes and a single mid tube. I don't really have any definite plans for it. If it'll help you out, let me know and I'm sure we can work something out.

Latest posts

Back