RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chips_Mahoy said:
My son Aaron wants to get in on this too. He's got a frame already picked out from our collection and has a design for it. C'mon May 1st !!

Very cool!

My son like the riding, but my daughter likes making things and art, maybe I could get her in on this. Hmmm....

Just bought some accessories for my build, ammo cans!

yoothgeye said:
Yeah, planning out every detail? haha That's how you get frustrated when things start going wrong, like your paint won't strip and then you almost pass out from paint stripper and have to call it a night, then cut other nights short from getting fume headaches from indoor painting, then a paint layer goes bad, etc...

Sounds like you are speaking from experience..... I'm not saying mistakes won't be made but I am making a timeline so I can set small goals and know if I am on track or if I need to pick up the pace to get it done on time. I work outside in my back yard under a pop up canopy so I don't have to worry about fumes but the weather may put a few kinks in my plan but I think I'll be okay.

I'm also having thoughts about doing a brand new process that I haven't done before that will totally change the look of the bike. If it doesn't work out I'll have to either use the free pass to change frames and build something else or it will be a HUGE setback and I'll have to rush to hit the deadline.

brett4christ said:
Where'd you get them and how much?

I bought 4, 2 sizes, I'll have to look to see what size they are, but the bigger ones were $6 each, smaller ones $4 each. One of my son's classmate's mother is selling them, she said they have tons.

Chips_Mahoy said:
We're limited to one entry per person......right? I think I read that somewhere. I have two different ideas for builds I'd like to do!

You'll have to make a fake RRB.com profile to build more than one, but then that's an extra vote for each of your builds. :mrgreen:

I found the inspiration for your build yoothgeye. Nannie McPhee. :shock: :p :mrgreen:
EmmafilmsDH-xGRfVw2ml.jpg

brett4christ said:
In the near future, I'll need a few. Maybe 3-4 of each size. I'll let you know!

I got 2 of each of these:

0328121504.jpg

Was $4 each for the ones on top, and $6 each for the ones on the bottom. I think on the $6 ones she said she could do $5 each if you bought over 4, or was it 4 or more? Anyway, I thought it was a decent price.

For this picture I started a new album in my Photobucket account called "Build-Off 7" I have some other military stuff I've collected up and was going to sell till I decided on this build direction.

brett4christ said:
Gotta ask, just for clarity....

If a sidecar is legal in the BO, then can I assume a trailer would also be legal?

That is sSOOOOOO 21 pages ago. You need 4G!! :wink: :p

I asked that earlier. Look at the 12th post on page 13 and the answers given after that.

Another sidecar question.
Is there any practical reason why most sidecars are mounted on the right side of the a bike/motorcycle?
I am planning on putting mine on the ugly side of the bike so that I can show off the chainring and chainguard and such.

kingfish254 said:
Is there any practical reason why most sidecars are mounted on the right side of the a bike/motorcycle?
I am planning on putting mine on the ugly side of the bike so that I can show off the chainring and chainguard and such.

I wondered the same thing, but right side, even though I've never been on a sidecar bike/cycle just "feels" right to me. Then I can hide my ugly chainring and lack of chainguard, even though I did buy a bike just for the chainring.

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

I wondered the same thing, but right side, even though I've never been on a sidecar bike/cycle just "feels" right to me. Then I can hide my ugly chainring and lack of chainguard, even though I did buy a bike just for the chainring.

But since you are copying the Nannie McPhee sidecar, you should be putting it on the left side. :mrgreen: :p

Here is some cool rusty sidecar inspiration. This SOOOOOO fits into what I am thinking!!!! I think I may have found a new wallpaper.

Flexisidecar_02_800-700x525.jpg

Flexisidecar_01_800-700x525.jpg

kingfish254 said:
I've wondered why the side car was on the right covering up alot of the character & decor of bikes and why more weren't on the left side. Maybe politics had something to do with it.... :roll:

Latest posts

Back