RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who else is planning on using a water ski in their build???? I want to be in a water ski sub-build off as well. :roll: 8) :p

kingfish254 said:
Who else is planning on using a water ski in their build???? I want to be in a water ski sub-build off as well. :roll: 8) :p

Maybe I'll cut up a water ski to make the seat inside my sidecar.

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:
Giving Kingfish sidecar advice, but not me? :x :mrgreen:

All you gotta do is ask. But they like me better anyway!!! :p :shock:

I'm the stiff shirt pastor and you're the guy who can get them free beer. :lol:

I'm not a beer drinker, but still, he asked... :mrgreen:

expjawa said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
Has the start & end date been announced? For awhile i wasnt getting notifications of new posts in this thread and didn't know if I had missed it..... :?:
I believe it's right on the main page...

homer_doh.jpg

That's what I get for going straight to the forums page every time........Thanks!

This year will be my first Build-Off bike, and I plan on going relatively simple, for me. A Schwinn frame of some type, and some nice black/red combo. The big thing for me is that I'll be putting lots of car and motorcycle parts on it. Hog grips, horn, and light, and a couple of old hood ornaments. I want this thing to weight a hundred pounds with all the old steel on it. :)

deven_science said:
This year will be my first Build-Off bike, and I plan on going relatively simple, for me. A Schwinn frame of some type, and some nice black/red combo. The big thing for me is that I'll be putting lots of car and motorcycle parts on it. Hog grips, horn, and light, and a couple of old hood ornaments. I want this thing to weight a hundred pounds with all the old steel on it. :)

If you build it, I will watch.

Chips_Mahoy said:
Has the start & end date been announced? For awhile i wasnt getting notifications of new posts in this thread and didn't know if I had missed it..... :?:

I know this is already answered, but I figured I'd share what's on the front page:

Many of you have been gathering up parts since last summer just waiting for the next RatRodBikes.com Build Off. Last year we had 106 finished bikes entered into the competition and the creativity and talent displayed was insane. We will begin the 7th annual build off on May 1st so gather up what you can and finalize your plans now to be ready for what’s sure to be another great contest.

Also the completion deadline will be Aug 1st.
Last year I think we actually had right at 200 builds going on in the build off, but only 106 completed by the deadline.

kingfish254 said:
Last year I think we actually had right at 200 builds going on in the build off, but only 106 completed by the deadline.

And I'd say 90% of the people who didn't finish did not run out of time, they just quit.

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

And I'd say 90% of the people who didn't finish did not run out of time, they just quit.

Yeah, but at least they started! Maybe they'll get around to finishing sooner or later. I hope to see a good turnout this year. Hopefully, we'll have more people finish.

Peatbog said:
yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

I think part of that reason is probably many people do not realize how much time it takes to build this stuff. It seems simple, but it just ain't.

+1 Time management is everything in a timed build off. I have my game plan drawn out for each week of what needs to be done and the last 2 weeks set aside for fine details and going back over the little stuff. This one is going to be down to the wire. The paint might still be a little wet but I WILL make the deadline.

Cue up "Rocket Man" and get ta buildin.

This sounds like it is a German version of "Rocket Man"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDU06PKRTs8

It's actually the Stewie singing the William Shatner version in reverse.

outskirtscustoms said:
+1 Time management is everything in a timed build off. I have my game plan drawn out for each week of what needs to be done and the last 2 weeks set aside for fine details and going back over the little stuff. This one is going to be down to the wire. The paint might still be a little wet but I WILL make the deadline.

I can't imagine being that well planned. Last year I didn't start my build until 30 days before the deadline.

Yeah, planning out every detail? haha That's how you get frustrated when things start going wrong, like your paint won't strip and then you almost pass out from paint stripper and have to call it a night, then cut other nights short from getting fume headaches from indoor painting, then a paint layer goes bad, etc...

Latest posts

Back