RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yoothgeye said:
outskirtscustoms said:
I want to maintain it as a rider for two so it will remain steer from the front.

You can still have it a 2 rider with rear steer.

It would mean doing frame mods and I'd rather save the confusion of the second person trying to be a backseat driver... :lol: Been kinda thinking of eliminating one seat all together.

outskirtscustoms said:
yoothgeye said:
outskirtscustoms said:
I want to maintain it as a rider for two so it will remain steer from the front.

You can still have it a 2 rider with rear steer.

It would mean doing frame mods and I'd rather save the confusion of the second person trying to be a backseat driver... :lol: Been kinda thinking of eliminating one seat all together.

I can think of ways to do it without frame mods.

yoothgeye said:
I can think of ways to do it without frame mods.

I could do it but it would add to the cost, fab time, overall headache, not to mention arguments with the Mrs. over control of the bike, I'd rather not open Pandora's Box on that one. I have enough planned already that it will be pushing it to make the deadline (Remember I have a LARGE bike that needs to be sanded, primed, painted, wet sanded, cleared, polished, then built). Just wait and see...Don't want to give too much away before the build off but I got a few tricks up my sleeve and it will blow your mind already.

Okay, you have my vote too. Dang, now I only have one vote left. So I'm using that one for Jake just because I like him. I don't care if he doesn't build anything.

Wait a minute, that means I don't have a vote for my own bike. Hmmm. Okay, forget it. I ain't votin' now until the build it over. Isn't as fun that way, but it's what I'ma gonna do.[/quote] Thanks Peatbog for that compliment. Remember what I said last build off! And old bike and Christmas ornaments. :wink: The grinch that stole Feastivus! Ha Peace

garagegoon said:
Ok.. I am in... Last two years I came in within the top 15... This year... I am not even aiming to get close to that... If I am last I will be happy... I am going to build something that has been done to death, but that I have yet to build... An adult size stingray of sorts... Make fun all you want... I am just gonna do it to have fun... Using a 1950 schwinn straightbar frame... Nothing fancy.. Nothing wild... Just good clean fun... :D

Using the frame from this bike....

155356_1672807470326_1541591255_1682866_3329761_n.jpg

I really like that idea Dave! 8) But don't think you are gonna slide in there & take last place (that's mine!) :mrgreen: I am thinking about using a 20" eliminator frame for my build off bike. Since a 20" or a girls bike has never won, I figured why not? I always bet on the long shot! Anyway, my grandson (6 going on 18) will end up with a cool bike & that's enough reward for me! This is the last one I built for him & he loves it! He's got the coolest bike in town (Benton, KS, population 900). :lol:

show005.jpg

This is going to be an exciting build off, I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with, I know mine will be awesome.

I'm gonna build an uber low stretch cruiser using a Micargi Puma.....................or a disc braked cruiser framed MTB with modern components.............or....................I really don't know what I'm gonna build :shock: , but it'll be a no dough bike this year. I'll only be using parts I already have or fabricate, and will only be spending money on paint.

I've only got one can of olive drab paint and it's over 10 years old, plus I'm painting over chrome :x so I'm going to have to have some etching primer. So I know I will have to pay for paint this year.

New bike has some maypop tires. Just scored a sweeeeet tank off eBay! Found another frame in bike works basement. Get ta blueprintin'!! Peace

Jake Sensi said:
New bike has some maypop tires. Just scored a sweeeeet tank off eBay! Found another frame in bike works basement. Get ta blueprintin'!! Peace

I wanna see this basement you speak of... fat tires, hidden frames, cobwebs... I'm in! Are you just wandering into local crackhouses and pulling stuff out when everyone is passed out?

Peatbog said:
I got a bike yesterday. I'm gonna flip the bars and call it done. :mrgreen:

bratzbike.jpg

I had the frame and some parts from one of these before, but I foolishly didn't hold onto them. I've been riding this thing around, and it actually rides pretty well. Neither of my daughter's like it though, even with the purple and stars and girly look. That and it steers funny because of the rake. I'm thinking...well, not really sure yet, but I have a drag race theme in my head. Luckily, I still have a month to scheme.

Cool score. There are some nice parts on those bratz. Every time one pops up here they want too much for them though.

yoothgeye said:
Jake Sensi said:

I wanna see this basement you speak of... fat tires, hidden frames, cobwebs... I'm in! Are you just wandering into local crackhouses and pulling stuff out when everyone is passed out?

:?:

Jake gets some cool stuff from their bike co-op.
I remember the MoonEyes seat he got last year!!!!

Latest posts

Back