RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:
My build off bike will have some sort of military style registration plate, maybe the kind mounted over the front fender. At the top of the plate it will say "Location:" and the rest of the plate will be blank. :wink:

Instead of leaving it blank, you should make it read "LAST". :mrgreen: :p

If you are hinting, I can make you one for your bike.

Ok.. I am in... Last two years I came in within the top 15... This year... I am not even aiming to get close to that... If I am last I will be happy... I am going to build something that has been done to death, but that I have yet to build... An adult size stingray of sorts... Make fun all you want... I am just gonna do it to have fun... Using a 1950 schwinn straightbar frame... Nothing fancy.. Nothing wild... Just good clean fun... :D

Using the frame from this bike....

155356_1672807470326_1541591255_1682866_3329761_n.jpg

garagegoon said:
Ok.. I am in... Last two years I came in within the top 15... This year... I am not even aiming to get close to that... If I am last I will be happy... I am going to build something that has been done to death, but that I have yet to build... An adult size stingray of sorts... Make fun all you want... I am just gonna do it to have fun... Using a 1950 schwinn straightbar frame... Nothing fancy.. Nothing wild... Just good clean fun... :D

Using the frame from this bike....

155356_1672807470326_1541591255_1682866_3329761_n.jpg

Goon,
I absolutely lOve your idea!!! I am a kid of the muscle bike era and my number one vote getter last year was Smoopy's wickedly cool muscle bike build!!! I love your attitude and I look forward to following your build!!! I don't think that an adult muscle bike is a washed up idea at all. Go for it and have fun!!!!!

FunkyStickman said:
snydur said:
is that one of them expensive wal-mart fixies ive seen all the hipsters riding?!

Yup! Only thing I'm keeping is the frame. :mrgreen:

Cool, cuz you really need to find a pair of these to make either set of wheels look cool. I keep looking for them at yard sales, but I guess I need to wait until the art college gets out for the summer.

Come on people!!!!!! Jump in the water and tell us what you have planned!!!!
Building a bike in the build off is definitely a BLAST, but to be honest with you, I think I enjoyed watching everyone else's progress, ideas, and creativity each night just about as much as my build itself.

SHOW US YOUR STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!

I will tell the story again. It wasn't my build or Jake Sensei's build that kept two strangers in a bar in Philly for 5 hours talking about RRB. It was "Did you see what xxxx did?" , "Yeah, but how about what YYYYYY did with AAAAAA on his bike!!!"

This Hype Up thread isn't just about trash talk, it's about building up the feeding frenzy of amazing creativity that is spawned from the BUILD OFF!!!

Join in the thread no matter if you are a veteran or a one year rookie like me or if you are a total noob like I was last year!!!

There are a lot of people that I really expected to participate in this thread that are surprisingly absent!!!!!

What's the matter?????? ARE YOU CHICKEN or afraid that someone might steal your idea??????????? :p :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

Adult Muscle bike... Hmmmm... how about take an Onyx (Onex) 29er, build a long springer for the front and put a 20" wheel on it. Tall apes, big banana seat, HUGE sissy, it would be a cartoonized adult muscle bike. Smoopy's was wild, but acceptable, the one I'm seeing in my mind is obnoxious.

kingfish254 said:
I will tell the story again. It wasn't my build or Jake Sensei's build that kept two strangers in a bar in Philly for 5 hours talking about RRB. It was "Did you see what xxxx did?" , "Yeah, but how about what YYYYYY did with AAAAAA on his bike!!!"

This Hype Up thread isn't just about trash talk, it's about building up the feeding frenzy of amazing creativity that is spawned from the BUILD OFF!!!

Join in the thread no matter if you are a veteran or a one year rookie like me or if you are a total noob like I was last year!!!

There are a lot of people that I really expected to participate in this thread that are surprisingly absent!!!!!

What's the matter?????? ARE YOU CHICKEN or afraid that someone might steal your idea??????????? :p :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

BUILD-OFF, WHAT? :mrgreen:

Okay since you asked so nicely I will spill the beans. I am planning a wicked build using this 3 wheel Tandem:

PB290144.jpg

It will be kinda a mix between a Can Am spyder roadster
bombardier-can-am-spyder.jpg

and a slingshot dragster
Pics026.jpg

With a little bit of steam punk thrown in for good measure.
bobster.jpg

I'm using all 3 of my votes for myself since last year I could've appealed to my many Facebook friends and asked them to join the site just to vote... but I didn't. Now I owe myself. I would prefer to get a few votes in a builder's choice vote anyway.

Rockit! said:

Rock-It!!! Good to see ya man. In case anyone doesn't know, Rockit forged his own tank last year. But that was only a small part of the awesome details he threw into his build!!!
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39872&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=120

Come on buddy, what's in that wacko mind of yours for this year??????????

yoothgeye said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Okay since you asked so nicely I will spill the beans. I am planning a wicked build using this 3 wheel Tandem:

Please make this front or rear steer.

Earlier today, I was thinking this frame would be really cool as back-saswards rear steer.

kingfish254 said:
Rockit! said:

Rock-It!!! Good to see ya man. In case anyone doesn't know, Rockit forged his own tank last year. But that was only a small part of the awesome details he threw into his build!!!
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39872&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=120

Come on buddy, what's in that wacko mind of yours for this year??????????

Roland is an awesome bike! Every detail had so much attention given to it, even the smallest thing. Museum quality build. Eskimo fish chainguard. :mrgreen:

Peatbog said:
FunkyStickman said:

If you really start with that bike, then you already have my vote.
LOL, I'm seriously considering it. Thinking about building a Pashley clone (except with a springer fork?):
main_46.jpeg

kingfish254 said:
Cool, cuz you really need to find a pair of these to make either set of wheels look cool. I keep looking for them at yard sales, but I guess I need to wait until the art college gets out for the summer.

Probably going to build my own wheels again. Unless I decide to use an off-the-shelf set of fixie wheels (which I probably won't). I don't know, though, seriously tempted by the Spaceliner with deep-V's....

yoothgeye said:
outskirtscustoms said:

Please make this front or rear steer.

I want to maintain it as a rider for two so it will remain steer from the front.

Latest posts

Back