RRBBO - Road Disaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am gonna leak pics slowly as this takes shape. These are extremely rare AMF Roadmaster tank scripts that I searched hi and low for. THey are the starting point for thie bike I am building. Hard to believe that I am building a bike around these, but they are just too .... cool! :mrgreen:

RD1.jpg

Mockup starts...

AMF Pleasure Liner Frame, Dyno 24 x 3, Nexus 7 speed, Nexave Hub brake. Goose neck took about 1/2 can of PB Blaster to extract rendering the stock fork NG! Updates when I get the front end figured out.

RM2.jpg

Tank done!

Here is the tank. It was chrome plated and I was gonna just strip the paint, but then you couldn't see the script, so Flat black it is!

RMTank.jpg

Waiting on parts.......waiting........still waiting

Here she is so far. Filed and wet sanded the frame. Primered and painted with Krylon Satin Lavendar; $2.99 at WalFart. Schwinn Mag sprocket on S/R crank, old Deco Wald chainguard from ebay a few years ago. I stripped all the Red powdercoat from the wheels. I may or may not try to polish them I will have to see how it looks. I had to buy a fork as all my vintage pieces are boys forks and they just aren't long enough for a girls frame (hmmm that sounds kinky HA HA HA). I played around with different fender combos, but I think i will leave it naked! I still need a seat post and am searching one out.

Lav1.jpg

This is why you mock it up first!

OK gonna vent for a minute, then I may calm down ahhhhhhhhhhh I went to put the chain on my bike and well it was too short, so I added two links (cause you can't just add one) and it was too long. I drilled a couple of holes and filed off the edges to lengthen the dropout adjustment. No problem right, well I put the wheel in and it won't budge in the dropout. I look at it further and end up not heeding the very advice I give my son: If it doesn't go in easy there must be something in the way. So what do i do - PUSH down on the wheel to try and get it to seat and it breaks the cassette joint off my Inter 7 hub, DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I gotta get a buddy of mine in England to try to order this part because in all this US of A they ain't got this part available. I may finish this bike, but it will cause me great heartache before it's done. Oh yeah, gonna have to repaint the frame after all my grinding and drilling. Oh well, on the bright side my fork will be here tomorrow - JC Higgins Beehive springer and I found a seatpost! and I got a very cool rear rack for it! Stay Tuned

That sucks about the hub. I have the same hub and it is one of my favorite bikes to ride. The flat black tank is perfect.

Half solved....

I had to get a friend from England to send the Nexus hub part so half my problem is solved. The other half is a fork. I wanted a Beehive JC Higgins fork, but after $75 spent I find that the Mens/Ladies forks for those bikes are the same head tube length at 7". I am on the lookout for a Ladies springer of some kind. No new pics for awhile though. I may use a front fender now since the other fork would not accept one. Will have to wait and see.

Joe

Re: This is why you mock it up first!

yeshoney said:
OK gonna vent for a minute, then I may calm down ahhhhhhhhhhh I went to put the chain on my bike and well it was too short, so I added two links (cause you can't just add one) and it was too long. I drilled a couple of holes and filed off the edges to lengthen the dropout adjustment. No problem right, well I put the wheel in and it won't budge in the dropout. I look at it further and end up not heeding the very advice I give my son: If it doesn't go in easy there must be something in the way. So what do i do - PUSH down on the wheel to try and get it to seat and it breaks the cassette joint off my Inter 7 hub, DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I gotta get a buddy of mine in England to try to order this part because in all this US of A they ain't got this part available. I may finish this bike, but it will cause me great heartache before it's done. Oh yeah, gonna have to repaint the frame after all my grinding and drilling. Oh well, on the bright side my fork will be here tomorrow - JC Higgins Beehive springer and I found a seatpost! and I got a very cool rear rack for it! Stay Tuned

Next time try change to a sprocket with 1 more or 1 less tooth. Also remember that usually multi speed hubs are much wider that single speed. You'll have to spread the stay to get them to slide in easily.

Dan

New stuff

Well, still no fork, and the Nexus cassette joint must be made of unobtanium because no one has one in stock. But the good news is I just saved a bunch of money on my insurance by switching to..... oh nevermind! I bought this after it was listed in the bike parts in ebay. The seat may or may not be from a bicycle. If it is from a bicycle it is the biggest seat I ever saw. I have to believe it is from a motorcycle or motor bike from the early 30's to early 40's. There are no stampings or company marks anywhere on it. 12 1/2 long 10 inches wide and 8 3/4 inch high. Just massive! At any rate it will have a home on my RRBBo bike, if and when it gets finished

Seat1.jpg

Seat2.jpg

Seat3.jpg

Seat4.jpg

the queen song fat bottomed girls comes to mind!

Oh, (i know),you gonna take me home tonight (please)
oh, down beside that red firelight
Oh, you gonna let it all hang out
Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round
GET ON YOUR BIKES AND RIDE!

that rocks!

That seat will look good on your bike or a tractor. The exercise bikes have big, fat seats maybe this comes from a 1940's one.

I appreciate your creating a Ratt-et for this competition. Please find the parts and finish

Hooch said:
the queen son fat bottomed girl comes to mind!

Oh, (i know),you gonna take me home tonight (please)
oh, down beside that red firelight
Oh, you gonna let it all hang out
GET ON YOUR BIKES AND RIDE!

that rocks!

Love that song!

That seat!!

wow... that seat is awsome !!! now U have to finish the build....[or sell me the seat :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:]

all along i have really liked your build because it is based on a women's frame. i like builds that are daring.

Still no fork but...

Still no fork and I got outbid on one on ebay, UGH! Who is it that goes nutz for Ladies springers?! Good news is I got back from the LBS and the guy found a shop in Cali that had some Shimano spares, so my cassette joint will be here in two weeks! YEAH! In the meantime, STOP bidding on those Ladies forks!! LOL :x

Latest posts

Back