Vans,a Division of VF Outdoor, Inc.

RRBBO - Montgomery Ward's "Iron Ghost"

Discussion in 'RAT ROD BIKE BUILD OFF 1' started by raised by robots, Feb 1, 2007.

1. raised by robots

raised by robots

0   0   0

...., I dont know where to begin. how about here.... THANKS!

really, thanks guys. I am totally blown away by how this has turned out. I really like all of your work with these old/new bikes. This is really rewarding hobby to get into(even though its more than a hobby.) CONGRATS TO EVERYONE.

yeah, the only thing about that is since I trashed the old fenders, I would have to find a way to support the stand when I am riding. BUT I think I am going to use the ears to attach a music trailer that matches the bike. That should be fun.

thanks man! yeah I need to do something a little more permanent on the truss rods... I definitely will be keeping this bike around. I need to just invest in a good welder, I can't even imagine the stuff I could start doing with that.

Does anybody know about how much it would be to get some of these parts chrome plated (nothing more that the crank and some of the bolts and bearing cups)

Anyways, thanks again. I still look up to you guys, I look forward to learning new tricks and trades. Now everybody get out and go cruising! the warm weather is almost here!
  2. xddorox

xddorox

0   0   0

Congrats on a super build and win. That is one sweet bike and it deserves all the praise it can get.
  3. october

october

0   0   0

whoo hoo!!!! :mrgreen:
  4. aka_locojoe

aka_locojoe

0   0   0

Congratulations!!

Chroming can be pretty expensive. I believe most places charge a minimum so make sure you go in with at least enough parts to cover the minimum.
    I once just needed a single sprocket chromed but the minimum was $50. I took along another sprocket and crank and got them all done for the $50.
  5. Schwinnspastic

Schwinnspastic

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Congratulation RBR you built a really cool bike and took some great photos to boot ... a very close race to the finnish.

Mark
  6. Chainsaw

Chainsaw

0   0   0

Congrats RBR! Now go out and run over a train with that beast!
  7. RatDawg

RatDawg

0   0   0

Congrats on the win :D Very cool Rat, love the colors on the bike.
    Good job, very well done :mrgreen: