RRBBO #7 PRIZE POT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man the trading cards 2 a super killer idea !!! very nice work on them !!

congrats to all who built !!! ur all winners in my book !!!

ill get in next year ...mayb :D

Another trading card teaser while I am waiting on the test prints.

flexy_front.jpg

flexy_back.jpg

Terry, hard to tell you how cool it was to see this.

Now, if I can just get Fordsnake or you to trade MoFaux or Hot Rod Higgins for my Flexy and a Micky Mantle.

Terry-

You are doing an amazing thing here and you have my admiration. I know how hard it is to find time to do your own stuff, let alone a project like this that supports an online community. Great great work!

The trophy I built shipped out to Carlton, fordsnake, the builder of MoFaux, on Saturday, so hopefully we'll see the bike surrounded by the wealth of prizes soon! I have to give a big thank you to my welder friend Norm at work, who came up with an awesome simple setup for that assembly.

My only suggestion for these cards would be to include somewhere on it the builder's handle, or screen name, since that's how most of us first know each other on here. I realize it might be too late to change the layout for that but just my input.

And I definitely want a set of these bad boys!

--Rob

Terry66 said:
Another trading card teaser while I am waiting on the test prints.

flexy_front.jpg

flexy_back.jpg

NLCTVWguy said:
Terry-

You are doing an amazing thing here and you have my admiration. I know how hard it is to find time to do your own stuff, let alone a project like this that supports an online community. Great great work!

The trophy I built shipped out to Carlton, fordsnake, the builder of MoFaux, on Saturday, so hopefully we'll see the bike surrounded by the wealth of prizes soon! I have to give a big thank you to my welder friend Norm at work, who came up with an awesome simple setup for that assembly.

My only suggestion for these cards would be to include somewhere on it the builder's handle, or screen name, since that's how most of us first know each other on here. I realize it might be too late to change the layout for that but just my input.

And I definitely want a set of these bad boys!
--Rob
Adding the screen name is a good suggestion. I am sure I can work that in. I am still waiting on the test prints before I do any more. JUst don't want to duplicate efforts if I have to make a change. I think the most difficult part is that I can't order a "set" of 10 different bikes. I have to order a set of 10 of each bike, then compile them into mixed sets. The cards are actually designed for kids sports, so a parent would order a set of trading cards of their kid not a set of the team if that makes sense. The only real problem here is that if I order additional sets, I'll have to have order 10 sets. I doubt that will be an issue as it seems lots of folks are interested, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. It's all good and to be honest, I want a set as much as anyone, so it will be worth it! :lol:

The hard part is going to be trying to find that little rectangular piece of bubble gum. :p

Terry66 said:
Adding the screen name is a good suggestion. I am sure I can work that in. I am still waiting on the test prints before I do any more. JUst don't want to duplicate efforts if I have to make a change. I think the most difficult part is that I can't order a "set" of 10 different bikes. I have to order a set of 10 of each bike, then compile them into mixed sets. The cards are actually designed for kids sports, so a parent would order a set of trading cards of their kid not a set of the team if that makes sense. The only real problem here is that if I order additional sets, I'll have to have order 10 sets. I doubt that will be an issue as it seems lots of folks are interested, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. It's all good and to be honest, I want a set as much as anyone, so it will be worth it! :lol:

You'll need at least 10 sets just to give a set to each guy who built a "top 10" bike... what's the price on 100 of these? I imagine once the art is set the difference between making 10 or 100 is probably small. I think a lot of people would buy a set. We have 10000 members after all...

--Rob

NLCTVWguy said:
Terry66 said:
You'll need at least 10 sets just to give a set to each guy who built a "top 10" bike... what's the price on 100 of these? I imagine once the art is set the difference between making 10 or 100 is probably small. I think a lot of people would buy a set. We have 10000 members after all...
--Rob

Welll...through my sports photo lab they are around $7.50 a set maybe? With the three of us paying, it is about $25 each for the top 10. I know they would be cheaper going through a printing company on a four color press, but the idea was a short production run of 10 sets, so it wasn't worthwhile to look into prep charges and so on. if these are like the ones I use for my sports team business, they quality is REALLY nice.

I'll probably offer to place one more order for folks (I'll sell them at my cost plus shipping) and then wrap it up. I figure a short production will help them retain their value! We'll see them on the sell forum for $100 in a few years! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I should have sent you an upside down photo of Flexy so that it would be worth more. :shock: :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
I should have sent you an upside down photo of Flexy so that it would be worth more. :shock: :mrgreen:

Actually I could flip the photo and make it a "reversed negative"!

Hey...this was my first build, so it will be my "rookie" card! :mrgreen:

A.S.Boltnut has the seat pan headed to Petrohead (BO6 Winner) for him to work his leather magic on for the BO7 Trophy for MoFaux.
In lieu of covering the shipping, I sent ASB my last sets of Southpark valve cap figures.

I for one, am really looking forward to seeing what Petrohead creates!!!

HEY PRIZE POT CONTRIBUTORS!
Have you sent out your prizes yet?

HEY WINNERS!
How about posting photos of your swag when you receive it.

I updated some of the PRIZE POT GALLERY on page 14.

kingfish254 said:
HEY PRIZE POT CONTRIBUTORS!
Have you sent out your prizes yet?

HEY WINNERS!
How about posting photos of your swag when you receive it.

I updated some of the PRIZE POT GALLERY on page 14.

Apologies for the delay,my week has been stupid busy,will ship out asap.
Jay

Hey guys....test cards are in and they look awesome. Soooooo, I am starting to put together all the cards. I'll post them on here for you to look over (actually we can all look them over.) I am looking for typos, mistakes, etc. At this point, the design is done, so not really looking for suggestions there. :D

I still need pic/descriptions from Mofaux, Mosbys, Ellis and HiaWhaThe.

Thanks and I promise they'll be worth the wait!

Terry

Sweet!!!!

Latest posts

Back