RRB in 2006... Go back in time!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do any other oldies remember this forum design? Haha. Look at all of Steve's posts -- all 117 of them!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: What does that compare to now? :shock: It's amazing to see how much this site is growing! For cryin' out loud, look how many more members there are!!! :lol:

webarchive2.png

da2.png

da3.png

http://www.web.archive.org

I found that website awhile back and I thought I'd share it with you guys. It's so interesting to bring back memories. I went back to Yahoo and Google and it gave memories of when I was in elementary school. So we can definitely go back in cyberspace... now we have to find a way on how to rewind life.... don't mess up in the meantime!!! :lol:

I remember when we switched from that forum to the newer design and everybody freaked out...ha ha.

Nobody ever thought they would get used to the new design. :lol:

That was a "little" before my time. I like going back to the archives and looking at the first and second build offs. Things were a LOT more simple back then. That's what drew me to this site, and that's what I still like to build today....Great find schwinnmesa!

Sure glad we don't used expressions like "SWEET DADDY RAT ROD" anymore (or at least not out loud) :lol:

Rat Rod said:
Funny...those are the words that come to mind every time I see one of your bikes KOTA. :lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: See I was right!....You didn't say it out loud...I take that as a "compliment", and I Thank You.

i remember back when i was a newbie, at member #1072! :shock: i love how in the first couple of buildoffs, the average build thread was 2-3 pages long. my build thread this year is a tribute to those golden days. that,and the fact that i waited till there was 22 days left! :lol:

I think I joined a couple of weeks after Steve turned the pedals on the forum. I am #40. I don't post much, but I am still on here almost every day. Still stunned by peoples finds, still stunned by peoples skill and talent, and still stunned by the politeness, the helpfulness, and the generosity of fellow members. Truly an awesome place to be on the net. My little brother (coach j) and I even had the pleasure of meeting a few folks in KCMO at Peddlar's a few years ago. It helps to meet up with folks to let you know you're not alone in a hobby where "regular" folks think your nuts.

Jeff aka "ratdaddy"

i remember that too. i always forget if i am number 112 or 113? i do know my first post was putting the higgins up in the gallery and that was late 2006

Yep! I remember those Good Old DaYS! I was one of the first folks who came here when it first got started.... when I got tossed from the Schwinn Forums for saying that REAL Schwinns came from Chicago, not China. Apparently, Pacific Cycles didn't think it was too funny, so Viola! Here I am.

I liked the old layout.... and I like the new one, too. Face it. This is a great website.

oh... a note for the eagle-eyed: I was just plain TornadoDave back then.... not TornadoDave 2... but I forgot my password, so now I'm a clone of my former self.

welcome back i saw the name but did not know if it was u. welcome back bro

thanks man. Now that I'm off the road and working back in my hometown, I have a little more time for RatRodding. Keep a watch out for my latest project!

I most certainly remember the first layout.I joined in 06'(#32 :eek: ) thanks to an invite from Steve via the ever declining Schwinn forums.I don't have the amount of post that the majority of members here have but I am on this sight everyday almost all day and have been since 06'.I will take an opportunity to thank Steve for keeping the site up and running,cant think of another website that I could spend so much time on and have so much fun.Thanks! 8)
-Kreep-

Latest posts

Back