Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOve the seat post idea! Can't wait for the ride video sometime within the next 20 days! RaT oN!

Killer idea with the gator tank.
Is the frame rear spring just for looks or is it operational? Seems like it would cause this low boy to scrape.
Love the killer seat suspension, but if I am looking at it right, then if that frame suspension work, your whole seat assembly is a more or less rigid bridge across that frame springer. The angles of the two springs don't help each other.

Hey Kingfish, my original seat idea was not comfortable enough and not esthetically pleasing so I came up with the Nanner. At this point the suspension spring will be positioned last to set final ride height, the BB Chevy valvespring is to cushion my narrow behind. Oh well back to sanding

I don't want to spoil the fun for anyone, but I am afraid it sits way too low for a suspesion. I think it will bottom out on each bump and the frame will hit the ground. Especially with that length You will have a huge leverage with a rider on it.
I got this covered, suspension height will be set last and hardly moves anyway. I live on the south shore of Long Island, it's pretty flat here and my goal is to blow people's minds at the Long Beach and Coney Island boardwalks. Thanks for your input and interest, it helps me maintain focus

Awesome man. That seat suspension is brilliant!

So once again using my rather vast support network of scrappers, junkers, and pickers, my buddy Joe came up with these pretty sweet cymbals.
DSCF0377 - Copy.JPG

I mapped out and cut/drilled a few holes into each of the cymbals.
DSCF0378.JPG

Then using some ornamental cap screws and nuts I made a sandwich out of the rear wheel with the cymbals being the bread...
DSCF0379.JPG

For a little extra cosmetic flare I took some pieces of corrugated mesh left over from a gas fireplace installation. Trimmed each so that they were mirror images of each other.
DSCF0387 - Copy.JPG

Added a little bit of copper accent and some ornamental hardware and the final product is another nice piece of cosmetic trim.
DSCF0388.JPG

On the gator wrapped tank I built earlier there is an electric horn button, but no horn for it to activate. Many years ago I "acquired" this siren from a village police cruiser. This bike has a spot that it was made for.
DSCF0394.JPG

Latest posts

Back