Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're definitely the doodad champ this year. Great work on the seat too.

Always wondered what the difference was between doodad and geegaw. So geegaw is like the next level up?
I don't know the difference, but I'll take what I can get !!Thanks, glad you like it

Always wondered what the difference was between doodad and geegaw. So geegaw is like the next level up?

Just like we do with doodads and geegaws, I'm just making this stuff up as I go! :D

How is this one coming along? 23 days to go.

How is this one coming along? 23 days to go.
Hey Kingfish, thanks for your interest, hope all is well with you. I had to pet sit for 14 animals for a week and a half so I got a little behind, but I'm on it, more photos soon. More doodads and lots of hand filing and sanding on this frame. 21 pieces you can see and another 7 you can't, done with no jig out of all bicycle parts. So when is the next build off ???? Take care bike brother

DSCF0366.JPG

I would like to give a very special thanks to my good friend Kenny. Great welding is only one of his countless abilities.

anyway, back to work.
So if you take an old Schwinn blade fork, a piece of handle bar, and a big block chevy valve spring...
DSCF0373.JPG

Cut down and drill the fork. Add the valve spring...
DSCF0374.JPG

Combine these parts with the previously built seat, all the while adding a few brass knobs for extra flavor...
DSCF0375.JPG

Drop the whole thing into place and the finished product is a seat fit for a king.
DSCF0376.JPG

Killer idea with the gator tank.
Is the frame rear spring just for looks or is it operational? Seems like it would cause this low boy to scrape.
Love the killer seat suspension, but if I am looking at it right, then if that frame suspension work, your whole seat assembly is a more or less rigid bridge across that frame springer. The angles of the two springs don't help each other.

Latest posts

Back