Round town Klunkin' .....2/12 rear wheel built

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess its worth mentioning, I've completed 4 other builds for flip since I started this thread. (gotta pad the bike fund!)
I'm also working on three other personal builds:21: . Another 'strand' build, a '63 Schwinn American, and a touring bike for next summers trip down the coast. I tend to be opportunistic when buying parts, and always have mult builds going on. For some reason, I've had a lot of attention towards the touring bike the last few weeks. Maybe I'll do a thread on in? I don't aim to finish it until around April next year:giggle:

Lil progress. I’d mainly been waiting to do some painting. With the fires here, I couldn’t paint at all. The ash and air was just, unreasonable.

I had previously bead blasted the rear hub shell. Got the paint laid down on it.

40EC2214-F796-49AC-936E-FBD332967138.jpeg

Little progress on this one this week.
Riveted the original headbadge back on. Could of screwed it in, but I figured I drilled rivets out, I’ll put rivets back in.
99053090-32DC-48F2-BC17-E73434A66297.jpeg

Also got the headset, fork, stem, seatpost clamp, and bottom bracket installed.
A4BFDE0F-DA97-46A6-AFB1-CF70B43F12D4.jpeg

I built the rear wheel last night too. Pics as soon as I get the tire mounted. I used the tubes I had for this on another bike, so I’ve gotta grab some.

Coming along tho. Need to over haul and drill out the front hub, then it’s pretty clear sailin to the finish.

4382E7E5-10AE-4304-A3DA-8A7F2F8CB880.jpeg

not really beaded properly yet, but I wanted to get a pic before dark.

The hoop is drilled for 11g spokes, and I'm running 12g. I measured out to get juuuust the right size stainless washers which I put between the nipples and hoop. If anyone isn't familiar with McMaster Carr, I highly suggest checking out their site.
BF3D0B2E-23D0-492D-A726-FDBE70B68BFC.jpeg

Last edited:
Great work, Dizz. I've been a fan of McMaster-Carr for a long time now. For more than 25 years, I've spent literally thousands of dollars of my company's money at McMaster. Hundreds, maybe thousands of orders, and I can't recall ever being dissatisfied with anything they've ever set me. Great company, and fast service, most of all accurate service. Now that I'm retired, I still have an account with them.

Latest posts

Back