Rollfast Project - Wheels Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I found this Rollfast at a junkyard last year and decided it is time to do something with it. Just not sure what direction to go in yet. Can't decide between leaving the paint and chrome original or having the frame powder coated and putting some money into it.
Rollfast001.jpg

Rollfast003.jpg

Rollfast002.jpg

Rollfast004.jpg

Not sure about this...
Rollfast006.jpg

Re: Rollfast Project

I have decided to keep this bike a rat. Not 100% sure I'm using these bars yet and I'm sure I will have to mess with the seat angle a bit once I figure out what wheel/tire to run up front.

rollfast012.jpg

rollfast011.jpg

rollfast013.jpg

I have decided on a Jerald Sulky Whitewall for the rear and will probably use this other old wheel I had laying around.
Rollfast005.jpg

Looks like the rear wheel is a bit out of true...

Powder-coated frame could look nice. That's a great find!

I got my Jerald tire today and it looks pretty sweet. The wheel needs to be pretty true in order to fit.

ratfast005.jpg

ratfast003.jpg

I am leaning toward a 27 up front.

Nice bike. I'm sure it'll look awesome. I'm working on a similar Rollfast myself. Will be posting pics of build soon. Do you or anyone else know what years this frame was made?

Creamcycle said:
Nice bike. I'm sure it'll look awesome. I'm working on a similar Rollfast myself. Will be posting pics of build soon. Do you or anyone else know what years this frame was made?

I haven't been able to identify the frame but it looks very similar to the one used in the Identity Crisis build.

Am still struggling to decide on what front tire to run so I threw a gumwall on for now.
rat2004.jpg

The 27 x1/4 leaves plenty of room.
rat2006.jpg

Also mocked up a horn and headlight.
rat2005.jpg

rat004.jpg

I also got a curved fender stay of ebay on which to mount my '53 Montana plate.

Thanks for the kudos on the fender brace. I finally got the plate mounted the way I wanted using a little epoxy.
rack005.jpg

I also mounted up a rack on the front. It is from the same English kid's bike where I got the handle bars.
rack003.jpg

rack004.jpg

rack002.jpg

Cool build,lots of great ideas!

Well I have had a lots of goings on in my life and have been neglecting this bike.

I decided today to jump back into it by adding a hand painted logo.

rollfast015.jpg

Sweet looking ROLLFAST.. I want to say, I like the seat post idea that you did.. Wheel's and Tire's, nice combo also but have you tried looking for a white wall front tire to match the look for the rear tire.??? or try painting the gum wall white with SEM Plastic and Vinyl paint.. Keep up the good work.!!!

that's turning out to be a nice build. think ya should of used the old rear rim. nice bouncy ride.lol

Outlaw 8)

I finally committed to the 27 inch whitewall up front. I was tempted to put on an all white or all red tire, but I think the whitewall looks right. I also picked up a white chain this morining but cant find my chain tool so I cant hook it up until tomorrow.

roller002.jpg

Well the more I look at this seat the less I know what to do.

Option 1: Leave the pan like it is, maybe spay a few thousand coats of clear, done.

Option 2: Put the white Troxel cushion back on, either leaving it as is or attempting to clean it.

Option 3: Leave the cushion off, but sand and repaint the seat pan.

rollseat003.jpg

rollseat004.jpg

rollseat007.jpg

rollseat006.jpg

Latest posts

Back