Rollfast Identification

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Ebay listing said this 'You're bidding on a 1936 DP Harris/Rollfast Balloon Tire Bike Frame'
I bought a head badge, I knew it was probably not the correct one, and it's not, as you can see from the rivet holes they don't match.
How the seller knew it was 1936 I don't know. I photographed the BB stamp I don't know what the first number is, is it a 'Y' or a '7' ? the last one maybe a '6' or a '5' anyway. I'd love to know what this bike frame actually is, once I do I'll try and get it back with the correct badge.

Calling all experts.
P1000420.jpg

P1000419.jpg

Looks like a Rollfast fastback frame. most people call it a hawthorn Zep. I think 36 was the only year with that style seat post. Could have been bagded as many things. The rollfast badge with the raised half spheres might fit.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll stick with the incorrect badge, for some reason the rollfast badge with the raised spheres looks ugly (IMO), creepy even.

There are many others as well. Check out The_Black_Monark's page in the gallery section.

So I found a 1966 WB fridge Magnet, it's metal so I just bent it round and put it on with some metal glue. What d'ya think?
P1000457.jpg

P1000452.jpg

Really love this frame. Unusual front end, great combination of new and old...tons of cool, how does it ride?

Bart

Really love this frame. Unusual front end, great combination of new and old...tons of cool, how does it ride?

Bart
Thanks. I'm just waiting for the skip tooth chain to arrive and then I can ride it, but what I can say is that it's really comfortable to sit on, nice position, and good wide upright bars.

I put a 3 speed on mine for added coolness and just added a Persons rear crash bar and tail dragger rear fender. I'll take a photo and PMike it to you.

This is about a month ago, I've since added a rear tail dragged fender, tail light and crash bars. Your frame so beats mine is the cool dept.

Bart

20160102_123134.jpg

Thanks, I'll send you some more photos when I get some time. Wouldn't mind seeing additional photos or yours as get it going. In my opinion, your frame is hands down to coolest frame ever made.

Bart

Latest posts

Back