Rollfast Deluxe

Discussion in 'BIKE I.D. & VALUATION QUESTIONS' started by Euphman06, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Euphman06

Euphman06

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Can anyone tell me more about this bike? I'd assume if it were labeled as 'deluxe" that it would of had a tank at one point. But if anyone can approximate age or value let me know so I can make an offer to this guy. Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. roadmaster

roadmaster

0   0   0

Kinda hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like a skiptooth which would tell me it is late 40's to mid 50's. Rollfast bikes were made by H.P. Snyder and some were sold thru Montgomary Wards under the Hawthorne name. I have a 61' J.C. Higgins that was a "Deluxe" model, but never had a tank or even a carrier. I think it is a word they just like useing back then. 8)

3. B607

B607 Pro Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Look at the paint on the top tube and the head tube. If it had a tank, there will be marks on the frame where it rubbed the paint off. Cool bike! Gary

4. Jpromo

Jpromo

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I actually think that's earlier.. looks like a 39-41 era to me because of the paint scheme, rack and seat style.

That's a really sweet bike; I dream of finding something that old with that nice of original paint and original parts. I know I'd love to own that for about 300$ and still smiling at 350$ and up, just because of the condition. And I'm a cheapskate.

I have a '41 that's real similar to this. Different paint scheme and mine is more rust than paint. Regardless, it's probably my nicest riding bicycle. Good luck!