Rollfast Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this early 60s Rollfast double tube frame out of a recyclers pile.I have put a Schwinn one piece crank and bearing set in it from a Centenial model and will use the head set from the same bike.The plan today is using a shimano 3sp coaster brake with 26x1 3/8 tires but that will more than likley change.It will be fenderless with the stock Messenger seat and Ape hangers,original faded chipped paint and whatever else I come up with.A black springer keeps comming to mind.If I can score some 26x2.125s they will be on it.
bimu002.jpg
bimu001.jpg
bimu003.jpg

Should be a fun ride with that 3 speed. Great looking frame too.

seeing that post in place of the forks im imagining a single roller skate laced onto the end of it :lol: Cool bike, love those frames 8)

Following this build. I am about to get one of those twin top rollfasts.
It looks wide enought to run 24x3s without a problem.

I think I have finished mine.It has been three different versions so for.I just put 2.125s on it tonite and it is very tight in the rear.I have them on 1.75 rims.I don't think a 3 will fit with out opening the frame some.I'll get some pics up tomorrow.This bike had 26x1.75 when new.

Did you see the tire and rim that Skipton put in one (BO7 LDT Special)?

kingfish254 said:
Following this build. I am about to get one of those twin top rollfasts.
It looks wide enought to run 24x3s without a problem.

Here you go kingfish!Stock frame with 26x2.125.It is pretty close.24x 3 may clear if it doesn't go as for into the bottom stay.
MYBIKES006-2.jpg

MYBIKES004-2.jpg

MYBIKES005-2.jpg

I'm running a chain guard.

Latest posts

Back