Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

ROD Brake Rudge , SOLD

Discussion in 'FRESH FINDS' started by tin machine, May 20, 2012.

1. tin machine

tin machine

0   0   0

never heard of it RUDGE , ?? bought it for the hubs mainly , rod brake Sturmey Archer enternal brakes and 3 speed shifts will clean up good !!anybody know about it ?? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Hsean

Hsean

0   0   0

Re: ROD Brake Rudge , ? bought for parts

Thats a Raleigh build bike, I have one called Armstrong, that ones got a replacement crank on it, the one thats supposed to be on it has one ring and a hand shape build into it, they are neat looking. Also if you don't want those hoops/rear light thing and hoops are in good condition let me know, my armstrong's rims are shot. well those may not be the right rims on that bike, it looks like they hated rodbrakes and ripped them appart lol i'm almost 100% sure thats a rodbrake bike thats been harrassed to make it work with the drums

3. kngtmat

kngtmat

0   0   0

Nice bike, has a Messenger/Persons style seat from either a Schwinn exercise bike or one usually found on Murray beach cruisers that I have seen from the 80's & 90's.

4. mos6502

mos6502

0   0   0

Rudge was one of Raleigh's "high end" brands. The drum brake conversion was apparently pretty popular in the day, and could even be done by the factory, so it may have come with drums from the get go.

5. Road Master

Road Master

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I am interested in the rear carrier if you don't want to use it. Thanks! Robert

6. Bodge Deep

Bodge Deep

0   0   0

Nice bike. looks like a conversion. Most of the Rudges over here were rod and rim brakes. They made some very cool motorbikes too

7. tin machine

tin machine

0   0   0

Pm sent