Rockin' Rollfast - Finally a Video!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to figure out what to play for the music video. I want that perfect song that I don't have to sing but the guitar riff is the center point. Something ratastic.... I don't usually do requests but...

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

I was gonna say something bluesy...but I like the 2 choices above as well. What kind of songs do you play?

....and did you try it out yet? How does it sound?

Last edited:
Deep Purple... Spokes on the Water.
OMG that's a great one![emoji33]
But the first song that popped in my mind was "Bicycle Race" from Queen as well... But as much as I like Queen (I even shook Brian Mays hand while I was working as a statements at the musical "We Will Rock You") I think there must be another more fitting song for this bike...

I was gonna say something bluesy...but I like the 2 choices above as well. What kind of songs do you play?

....and did you try it out yet? How does it sound?
It sounds like a 1 watt transistor cranked thru a 2 x 5 speaker...
Classic rock of course! I've been thinking bluesy, like some ZZ Top or some Led Zeppelin. But I do like me some Chili Peppers...
Everything noted so far is doable, although RM calling me out with some Brian May leads is pushing my skill set!

Carl.

Last edited:
It sounds like a 1 watt transistor cranked thru a 2 x 5 speaker...

Just have it plugged into a real amp off camera when you do the vid...:p...Just kidding we gotta hear the real tanklifier.

Classic rock of course! I've been thinking bluesy, like some ZZ Top or some Led Zeppelin. But I do like me some Chili Peppers...
Everything noted so far is doable, although RM calling me out with some Brian May leads is pushing my skill set!

Brian May is def in my top 5 all time great guitarists! ZZ Top would go perfect with that bike.

Love the guitar in this one but you might need a few pedals to get that tasty sound.

communication breakdown
spirit in the sky...
it has to be an iconic distortion/fuzz riff...

Carl.

Although it goes against the paint scheme, I'm saying "Back in Black", that's my mind's song of choice for "Wow I wish I built that". #2 choice, T-Rex, "Jeepster", #3 Stones, "Paint it Black", actually bump the Stones to #1, cause I really see that montage in my head, and I think out of that amp it would have an awesome grittiness that the original did not have. Just my 2 cents.

A distorted/fuzz riff.... That could be anything in drop D, on up to the 90's Seattle sound, and back to the 70's punk scene.
Now I have to dig through my records and CD 's.

Latest posts

Back