Rockin' Rollfast - Finally a Video!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, throw a log chain guitar strap on it and it's a bass for the late great Pete Steele.
Not sure who Pete Steele is (not nearly as cool as you Shakesbeer), but I'm guessing rockabilly stand-up bass player....was his white as well?

This one doesn't fit in the rack....o_O
RRFast 008.jpg
Actually that bass is awaiting the transformation into a go kart for one of our annual parades. The fun will be the frame which I'm thinking will clamp around the bass and not actually damage the body, and will be removable.

Carl.

Hmmm, thats a pretty cool idea!
My friend owns a guitar shop and we saw one online as an old soap box derby where the kid actually sat inside. I want to do a motored variation that leaves the bass intact...

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Not sure who Pete Steele is (not nearly as cool as you Shakesbeer), but I'm guessing rockabilly stand-up bass player....was his white as well?
He was bass player/vocalist for rock band type o negative, bass was black.

MAN I NEED THAT BASS. I WISH I COULD FIND ONE REASONABLE. I'VE NEVER PLAYED ONE. IT WOULD BE GREAT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Crashed this bike a few days ago. Actually before I changed the handlebars... Tried to climb a curb parallel and put the front tire sideways. Caught it on the way down, no damage to the bike but I over bent my knees... been sore for a few days. It's also part of why I tried the bigger bars, to get a better handle on them bent forks. Also, nobody has seemed to notice, but I've flipped the seat post around to a taller riding position (it's that way in the GIF) and after a ride today, it's definitely more comfortable. Polished my front rim finally, and it looks much better too.

Carl.

Bike came out great Carl ! Not going to lie there was a couple times I had my doubts on how this bike would looks at the finish line .... Well it looks great love the Rat & Roll concept . I could see this thing rolling up to the stage in a smoky bars room . Then jump off and start ripping a rocken roll blues riff & bring every one to their feet ! Well done man !!! [emoji481][emoji481]
Also like the bars you have on ther now they flow nice .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, computer goes nuts for a couple days and bikes come out of the woodwork getting close to done. I was a page two slacker for a bit... @Missing Link has the final piece in route to me now. A place to put my gear, straps and cords etc. Then it's video time... still looking and listening for the right song...

Carl. :rockout:

Smoke on the water
Its a classic and plays well through a micro stack, should sound good from the tanklifier.

Somehow, when I saw this bike before, I didn't realize you put a stand in the back wheel ! I thought you were just putting some of your awesome guitars in the pics. That's soooooo awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what was the reaction of the LGS folks? Did you ride it inside and crank it to eleven?:emo:
06cf5c2f2e3860562208aed625d0c08a.jpg

Was a hit, we cranked it up...
I'm still looking for the right song.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Latest posts

Back