Rockin' Rollfast - Finally a Video!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guitarlzan and his rolling band!

Tank assembly part II
DSC00984.JPG
DSC00985.JPG

Figure out where it goes and make some holes
DSC00981.JPG

Sun came out so...
Dude check the sparkle...
DSC00986.JPG

Ok. So I skipped forward. Fabbed some additional pieces to make the tank wider and fully enclose the speaker. There's a round cutout on the other side I didn't show that surrounds the magnet. The amplifier guts actually are in the section next to the speaker and accessible from the backside... Vo.l knob, Guitar jack, on switch and power LED will be in a plate on the backside, that will be removable to change batteries. Not done yet but life stuff is calling... more soon.

Carl.

Love the color! I can't wait to see the finished tank on it. That tweed will look great with the frame color. :cool2:
Thank you my friend, the photo does the color no justice. I cannot give the Duplicolor Effex enough credit, it is just fantastic on any finish. Also the tweed does indeed look great with the color. Now if I can just get the tweed to lay on the tank...

Carl.

Those flairs for the extra width add a bit of muscle-strong look!. Nice craftsmanship!!
Accidental awesomeness...
I needed the extra width for the thickness of the speaker...

Carl.

Oh, and I meant to get a good photo....
The rear rack came today from Kingfish, perfect, just perfect.
Shiny chrome to balance with the front fork.

Carl.

Thanks. Sometimes ideas take a life of their own, and just run down the road dragging you along. I was talking with a neighbor last nite who stopped in to see what was going on, and now the next step in the tank evolution is going over the top. pics tonight...

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

I think this will be your best crazy tank build yet Carl!

Luke.

With a built in amp and Fender tweed this has to be the coolest tank ever.

and now the next step in the tank evolution is going over the top. pics tonight...

Carl.
???:eek:....I thought it was already over the top....:39:...Tweed looks killer..:thumbsup:

These pods go on the outside of the tweed tank. One side is the speaker cover with grillcloth and the other side is the faceplate for the amp, in 3ply black pearl pickguard laminate. They will be painted to match the frame.

85d7ec541e5a6090f959c55ac97e244d.jpg
e149515cb7e52b8abc9adc73414bff7c.jpg

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back