ROCK BOTTOM RAT - DONE !!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ROCK BOTTOM RAT-UPDATE 6/29 More Mocking :)

The paint looks great. How was the stencil kit to work with? I have a '58 Huffy that I am thinking about repainting and I plan to stencil the frame/tank.

This bike is just flat out nice. I mean you aren't following the trends and using crazy fat tires (like me!), you aren't welding, sawing, etc. You just built a super nice, clean bike. I mean there is NOTHING wrong with what other people are doing. I find it amazing and inspirational, but I love the clean, simple look of this bike!

bum bum bum another one saved from rust! Bum bum bum aand another one's done.... I'm giving up ther :p great job on repainting!

Thanks for all the nice comments. I took her for a short test ride today. Hope to be complete by the weekend. What I find so cool is that the bike looks nothing like I had in mind when I started but I love the final product. I will be adding a full rear fender and then take it out for a long ride :lol:

Terry66 said:
The paint looks great. How was the stencil kit to work with? I have a '58 Huffy that I am thinking about repainting and I plan to stencil the frame/tank.
[bThis bike is just flat out nice. I mean you aren't following the trends and using crazy fat tires (like me!), you aren't welding, sawing, etc. You just built a super nice, clean bike. I mean there is NOTHING wrong with what other people are doing. I find it amazing and inspirational, but I love the clean, simple look of this bike!

]The stencil kit was not bad to work with - just have to be patient and not mind lots of masking.
One problem I ran into was when to peel the stencil off??????? I thought if I waited until the paint dried then I would get a rough edge - so I peeled it off a few minutes after painting - this was tough because you run the risk of smudging the paint (which I did!!) and you should have some good tweesers on hand (which I didnt!) to lift the stencil off - It was very difficult to get the edge of a stencil lifted enough to grab hold of without messing up the paint. With all that said I am happy with the results and would do it again :D [/b]

Some photos of the pedals and rear fender for the bike - both original to the bike.
Rear fender - long soak in oxalic acid did wonders - I love that stuff!!!
100_4568.jpg

100_4567.jpg

100_4560.jpg

Little bit of an artsy shot
100_4562.jpg

Got the primer on and masked off for the stripes
100_4571.jpg

Pedals - OA on left untreated on right
100_4559.jpg

Re: ROCK BOTTOM RAT-UPDATE 7/6 fender and pedals

Love the artsy shot!!!

Re: ROCK BOTTOM RAT - 99% Done BUT NEED HELP!!

Hello - Rock Bottom is basicly done. Here is a photo from today but hope to take some nice detailed photos soon. BUT I need some help with this build/restoration. When I put the rear wheel on the chain seems a little too short. As the second photo shows, I can not move the rear wheel back any further than shown. Anyone out there able to direct me to or sell me a couple of skip tooth chain links??????????????? Thanks
Today
100_4576.jpg

Chain length will not allow me to go back any further - can anyone help with some chain links?? :(
100_4579.jpg

Can't help with the chain, but this is such a clean looking, well thought out, top notch build. :D

Terry66 said:
Can't help with the chain, but this is such a clean looking, well thought out, top notch build. :D
Thanks so much Terry66. Comments like that make all the work worth it. :D

I want to thank bike2112 for helping me with my link problem. This community of builders and their willingness to help each other make this way more than just another hobby for me. I look forward to seeing all the great builds this year.
One question: Can someone direct me to the page that explains what we are allowed to post in the completed bike thread. How many photos, writing etc.... Thanks again :lol:

Re: ROCK BOTTOM RAT - Getting a link - near done

See the completed bike on the Completed Bike postings - thanks for all the great comments

Latest posts

Back