ROCK BOTTOM RAT - DONE !!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello
First time entering a build off. I picked up this gem on CL. Gladly paid $20 for it and brought it home. When my darling wife saw it she asked how bad a bike had to be for me to NOT bring it home! So I decided to call this build ROCK BOTTOM.
100_4317.jpg

100_4315.jpg

100_4324.jpg

Pretty sure it is a 1949. Could someone help with the model?
Going to tear it down and see what I can save

Re: ROCK BOTTOM RAT

Break out the PB Blaster! Definately more than $20 worth on that baby! Good luck with your build! 8)

Sweet find...and what a price...those never turn up in my neck of the woods. I say you put a new tube and tire on the front and ride it into the sunset. It is pretty...great original frame paint.

I would've paid $20 for the fork, and my wife would've rolled her eyes then smiled.

Can't wait to see this one come back to life.

Nice! I don't know what she's talking about at least yours is complete and still has a little paint. I drag them home like this:
PA270191.jpg

I love how the frame darts are forever etched in the rust. :mrgreen:
PA270192.jpg

I swear I'm not a hoarder...... :lol:

20 Dollars for a strait bar Schwinn! Nice!! I'd say overhaul the works and usually I say air and ride but unfortunately that front tire is beyond patching! haha What is the serial number I could tell ya the month and year probably tomorrow, also location of serial number?

Thanks for all the comments and encouragement. The serial number is located under the bottom bracket. I will have to see what can be saved. There is some pitting in the frame. The wheels and spokes are shot. The springer spring is the thickness of a paper clip in some spots. The seat pans are rusted out etc, etc. But I do like a challange and look forward to be part of this buildoff. More pics soon as she is torn down.

Wow, great bike! I never seem to find deal like that! :cry: It looks perfect as is, but surely wants to be ridden once again! 8)

raggedjim said:
Ask your wife if you can sell it to me for $40, double your money, and she can buy a new purse!

Great find, Rg
I'll give you $60. Then your wife can buy a nicer purse!

imagearchy said:
raggedjim said:
Ask your wife if you can sell it to me for $40, double your money, and she can buy a new purse!

Great find, Rg
I'll give you $60. Then your wife can buy a nicer purse!
Actually my wife is very cool with my hobby, does not own a purse, and in a mountain,road or even cruiser bike race will beat most men in her age bracket. :lol:
Now after much delay I am back on this build. Will appreciate feedback.

Back