Robert scored for $80.00

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: This guy scored for $80.00

I know that is rare and I know that is valuable...but the condition being what it is...a big chunk of that tank gone, rack smashed, rear fender smashed, rear wheel shot, and the rust looks very deep...I'd be tempted to part it out and save multiple Shelbys that are in far better condition.

But that is just me and my opinion, which often aren't very popular.

The tank and rack are two of the most difficult to find parts, which he will likely hae to replace. To do that, he will probably buy parts off of a much nicer Shelby to save this rusty heap, just seems wrong to me.

I'd replace the wheels, hammer the fender and rack halfway straight and ride it as it is. After a good wash and clear to seal in all the glorious patina of coarse.

Hmm...the fenders looked MUCH worse in the original pictures...the whole bike did really. I'm surprised how well it has cleaned up. I would want to restore this since most of the parts are still there if it isn't pitted too badly. I don't mind patina...but there's patina and then there is rust, which will continue to eat at the bike if it isn't addressed.

Latest posts

Back