ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bela Zekeres track bike..

y02b.jpg

wheelbender6 said:
Drummer- I had a Trek 1500 very similar to that, with the brake cable hidden in the top tube. The fork was aluminum, but still very comfortable. I hated to sell that one.

Yes they're great bikes. It's about one or two sizes too big for me (it's a 54cm and I really need a 52/53cm) Other than that, awesome riding bike.

92 Schwinn Paramount OS with Rolf wheel set.
ypyquhuh.jpg

1971 Peugeot UO-8
thelady001_zps38b6b541.jpg

The only non-original parts on this bike are the saddle, cabling, tires, pedals and shifters (triple-chromed Huret).

She is a sweet ride that was picked-up for $10-! The first thing done when it was brought home was to put it on the bike stand and restore her. The hubs, bottom bracket and headset were in excellent shape; all that they needed was some cleaning and repacking (a testament to its original quality of fit and finish).

I hope you guys like her.

My Lemond Zurich:
The smoothest riding bike I have.
9J4wIsiJ1HJIH2xiBJ5hQerBRG8hFcSJp99UhdJkAAE_zpsef4eec9a.jpeg

And my Schwinn Varsity fixed gear:
2013-11-27144014_zps28499d49.jpg

96' Cannondale T400 conversion road bars, susp seat post, rollin' on 38's
it's fun to shadow them guys in their spandex bike gear... with my hippy hair, ripped jeans, and army boots...
haven't met one yet that could shake me...lol.

Last edited:
I'm in the process of having a new road bike built at my club LBS. I have a few training bikes, and I decided to sell this one:

6950863990_8ea2468491_b.jpg

I rode it for two seasons, I think. Maybe three. It's aluminum with a cf fork.

Now I'm having a steel frame built:

road-logic-frame-2013.jpg

and it will be my first all-Campy bike. I'm going with a full Record 11 speed groupset:

$_35.JPG

going with carbon wheels. Have not decided on the brand yet.
Perhaps by end of next week I'll have actual pictures, and not just these internet pics.

Latest posts

Back