ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kingfish254 said:
kingfish254 said:
One of a pair of early 90s Peugeots that I picked up for five bucks total.

The first one I put air in the tires and replaced the seatpost and sold for $230.
This one I put new tires on it and cleaned/tuned it . We'll see what I get for it.
It's a lavender frame with yellow lettering. That's why I went with the subtle yellow tires.

IMG_2263.jpg

Just sold the $2.50 Peugeot for $300. SWEEEETTNEE$$$$$$$$$$$!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
That's a total of $530 for two bikes that I paid a fiver for.
NICE!!! I guess I need to build the KOBE and blow it out,or sell it as is ?
001-27.jpg

Do you have wheels for the Kobe? If so, then I would find the guy on ebay that sells the colored road tres for only $20 per pair. Otherwise, you can also make decent money parting it out on ebay, but selling the frame locally. I sold an old Royce Union lugged steel frame for about $150 I think. I am not familiar with Kobe, but use the Free Craigslist Reader to search CL across the country to get you some prioces.

kingfish254 said:
Do you have wheels for the Kobe? If so, then I would find the guy on ebay that sells the colored road tres for only $20 per pair. Otherwise, you can also make decent money parting it out on ebay, but selling the frame locally. I sold an old Royce Union lugged steel frame for about $150 I think. I am not familiar with Kobe, but use the Free Craigslist Reader to search CL across the country to get you some prioces.
I have plenty of wheels , I need to find the ebay guy with the tires 8)

Gold Street Customs said:
kingfish254 said:
I have plenty of wheels , I need to find the ebay guy with the tires 8)

Here is the guy that sold me my tires.
http://shop.ebay.com/roadbikeoutlet/m.h ... 4340.l2562

(8 months later I get around to replying....)

Pinche said:
I read up on there and another forum quite a bit before dropping the loot on one. There really isn't any bad I read about them besides someone saying my was so and so grams heavier then what it stated. But durability and quality and fit were great. I didn't build it up as I don't have alot of the little speciality tools to install the cranks/bb and never setup up brifters before so I let someone else build it up. He said he didn't have any issues and everything went together perfectly. I just had some decals made up in a retro panel style with my last name. I'm still debating on them but their easily removable and don't leave any residue.
As for the ride. It's the first time I rode on a carbon bike so it's hard to say as I have a newer decent aluminum frame and some vintage steel also. The builder took it out to test it out and said it rode fine. He just built a Wilier and a Kestrel and races for a local store on Cannondales so he's around some high quality stuff and was really surprised how nice it was for so cheap. I've got $1500 into it and tips the scales at 16.7 lbs. I'm still debating on the full carbon saddle if I like it or not. lol. It's a bit on the stiffer side. :lol:

that sounds good. I really like the look of that frame and considered one myself as a long term build-up with on-sale and lightly used components.

I bought a Kestrel from BD summer of '09, and paid $1600 (if memory serves correct) and it weighs just about the same. I don't like the SRAM, it's too clunky. I might convert it to 105 this winter. I like the industrial look of the Kestrel frame:

4029672148_c82cf976cc_b.jpg

since this photo I added carbon cages.

well heres mine. Its an eraly/mid 90's rockhopper.I got It for FREE off craigslist
DSCF0031.jpg

After a few mods- suck as sliding a pair of 700c wheels that I got off an old GT Nomade some one threw in the dumpster and some FREE tectro dual pivot pinch breaks and some bar ends WHALA!! 15 bucks invested.
DSCF0255.jpg

Unfortinatly after some drunk jumped the curb and plowed into the old girl and pined her to the rack she was locked to and the sidewalk.Well lets say she's in a better place R.I.P. sticker bike!!! :cry:

Sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences.

I got my Fuji and changed the bar tape (it was white and showed dirt) and added my computer that I've had laying around. And put my phone/mp3 bag on it. I also put some different brake levers and some bar tape on my World Sport.
SANY0002-14.jpg

SANY0003-12.jpg

SANY0006-12.jpg

Thanks. I've put about 35mi on it so far. Its a 2008 model. Very light bike. I think my next bike will be carbon but I have to do some research to find pros and cons.

eaab7219.jpg

80's Miyata 1000 with SKS Longboard fenders, Carradice bag on Nitto bag support rack
9a97f31f.jpg

80's (?) Specialized Expedition with Biopace. Cork bar wrap has been coated with amber shellac.
Both bikes converted with tall stems.
e31c741f.jpg

Now with added Nitto rear rack & Karrimor bags, set up for day touring.

I took the Ferrari out of cold storage today. It's time to get back in shape and there isn't a better way than riding this bike up hills. There is an abundance of steeps here in Albuquerque. This is a bike I built up in 04 with the money I got from a divorce. Money well spent. :mrgreen: I'd take the Colnago over her any day. Ha Ha.

The bike in an E1 semi-sloping built in the Ferrari factory using their carbon technology. Most all major high end brands are now built in Taiwan. I doubt I will ever sell this bike seeing as how it was one of the last seasons they built frames in their own factory.

DSC02670.jpg

DSC02675.jpg

DSC02674.jpg

I am thinking about getting those bars for my Kestrel. But I'm not sure how I feel about no bar tape.

They are way comfy. You can put tape on them or not they just look sweet without. I always use gloves with no skid palm. It's kinda like for those who buy all carbon seat. You wouldn't want to cover them up.

Latest posts

Back