Roach. Turbo'd methanol rat bike! now shooting FLAMES!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Roach. Turbo'd methanol rat bike!

THATS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah, this bike is it. way sic. the other 2 are great.

Outlaw :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

oh gee I am so sorry that your confused. I just saw this post and since I like Burrito's I wanted to comment on it. this is a great bike and so are the other two. I didn't know there is a rule that this can not be BUMPED.

Outlaw

No.. I don't have a problem with him bumping a thread so that those that have not seen it before can view it. I'm just wondering why he did a whole new post with a link, rather than just bumping the original thread.

I am the one who bumped this up and your right, I can't figure out why there is a post in a post either. oh well, he does a nice job on building and I would really like to see the Roach in action. bet that bike flies down the road.

Outlaw

If I recall correctly,I did this when I was new to the site and didn't know how things worked. So I guess I double posted by accident. My bad!

I am glad everyone likes it. That's an encouragement to me and my brothers. We have had it up to 55mph exact on 3 different times using 2 different vehicles and the chain length becomes a problem. Measuring in over 100" long it gets to moving pretty violently and comes off at the clutch. A tensioner is in the works for that problem. :)

Sorry again for the reporting. I tell ya,us n00bs huh?

well that solves the reason. thanks. I just want to see it in action. I like this bike and also the other 2 but then I am a Burrito freak.

ELGRANDECHOPPA009.jpg

Outlaw :mrgreen:

what engine did you use. I don 't know much about this stuff but give me a harly engine an I am ok. thanks

HOLY COW!! That rear tire!! :-0 what size is it?! Sweet lookin style you have going on there!

Just wondering...what's a burrito?

We use a Briggs & Stratton 5 hp block with tons of goodies on it. The black has had some work done to it as well.
The flat top blocks look (to me) the best on these bikes. A yard cart or fun cart usually will have the Briggs oak on them. The best thing to do it to get one and build the bike around the motor. Use the same gear setup as the kart has and it'll carry good top end. Go to a smaller rear gear and it'll pick up quick.
All depends on what your lookin for :)

thats a 16in. 130mm mounted on the stingray wheel. it's a motorcycle tire.lol. what you see is what we call a Burrito bike. go to other bikes and look there is a post on em from kenny p. that's funny, ya built some Burritos and didn't know it. luv it. i am getting out of most of building as I have no room and since I am retired we want to do some travling. I am going back to my old interest in building skin on frame aluit style kayaks and paddles. but the guy that took most of my stuff likes to play with motor bikes so we are going to redo this one and put in a 65cc yamaha engine from a scooter in it. I'll redo the frame simler to yours and no peddles on this one. should be a fun build.

as soon as you can we are all waiting for the vid on Roach. thanks for the info of the motor.

Outlaw 8)

Isaiah, just wanted you to see EL THUNDER. I have a post on it here. have you done a vid on roach running down the road or strip yet? anyways here is mine. has a 49 cc yamaha motor, 4.5 hp and 4.3 fpt. thanks for the insperation on Roach.

002.jpg

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Holy little donkey! (burrito in espanishola)

That's stinking awesome! I like,no,I LOVE it! That seat is killer too! I will find the thread and check it out!

I have got some vids and im going to try to loaf them to photobuvket and link it here. It's driveby's tho,and a couple of me goofin off after church yesterday....in my church clothes. ;)

Lo and behold,here is a goofin off clip of me with the Roach.
ff9c9d8c.mp4

And here is a drive by clip.
5e3acb3d.mp4

I hereby do solemly swear to have a clip of me riding it and a car along the side of me showing it rollin!

sorry, can't see the pic's. I was thinking of not using that seat and putting on a tractor seat, what ya think. glad ya like the bike, just hope that little engine will turn that big wheel.lol. later

Outlaw 8)

can't get anything to work. My tractor seat has lots of big holes in it. belonged to my wifes dad, he was a farmer in Idaho and there are still a few more seats at the house. next time we go to Twin Falls I am going to get em. I like the tractor seat alot better too, thanks.

Outlaw 8)

I really dig this bike...
So RATTY!
55mph -- Cool!

Latest posts

Back