RRBBO13 Rincon Brewery Factory Team Edition

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
index.php

After a loose chain on tonight’s midnight ride and having to use the seat more than expected (forgot to tighten the rear end all the way) I’m giving it a 5/10 on comfort.

Last edited:
Cool headbadge sticker and other ratty red details

Was that to get them on ? I always your rubbing alcohol works perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To get on, I was trying a method without any chemicals since the next set was going over decals. But I felt pulling the ties out was going to damage them too, hard to pull out. Ended up just muscling the clear pair on

I like that it looks like an ‘old build’, ya know what I mean?

For Sure! It's hard to build something that looks like it was just pulled out the the back of someones garage after 40 years! That's why I'm hard pressed to clean the rims and wipe off all the dust - I had to ride it thru mud to get the tires all dirty :)

To get on, I was trying a method without any chemicals since the next set was going over decals. But I felt pulling the ties out was going to damage them too, hard to pull out. Ended up just muscling the clear pair on

Hair spray works also plus it helps glue them on a bit . That’s a old bmx trick .

It sometimes sounds like the major concern isn’t in getting the grips on, been there, done that, right?
The concern is installing them using a method that won’t destroy the decals that were applied to the bars, right?

If so, first, can you clear coat the decals to give them a ‘protective’ layer without messing them up? If you can do that, then simply take some watered down dish soap in a spray bottle, spray the bars and inside of the grip. If there’s a hole in the grip plug it. Swish the water around inside the grip to make sure the entire inside is covered. Then, pull the plug and slide the grip on.

In a previous life, I made and repaired golf clubs, this is the method I used (granted there was adhesive tape on the club shafts)

One thing, just use enough soap to make the water ’slippery’, too much and it will take forever for the grip to firm up.

Climbing down from the podium now, please return to your regular bike building activities....[emoji16]

It sometimes sounds like the major concern isn’t in getting the grips on, been there, done that, right?
The concern is installing them using a method that won’t destroy the decals that were applied to the bars, right?

If so, first, can you clear coat the decals to give them a ‘protective’ layer without messing them up? If you can do that, then simply take some watered down dish soap in a spray bottle, spray the bars and inside of the grip. If there’s a hole in the grip plug it. Swish the water around inside the grip to make sure the entire inside is covered. Then, pull the plug and slide the grip on.

In a previous life, I made and repaired golf clubs, this is the method I used (granted there was adhesive tape on the club shafts)

One thing, just use enough soap to make the water ’slippery’, too much and it will take forever for the grip to firm up.

Climbing down from the podium now, please return to your regular bike building activities....[emoji16]

"I'm not a Doctor in real life, but I play one on RRB." ~ Dr Tankenstein
1140-quincy-van-dyke.imgcache.rev58a58fba2dd218843d6a30d3ba594949.web.jpg

Don't know how it works on decals, but I always just spit inside of grips before I put them on. :crazy:

Latest posts

Back