<<RIDGE RUNNER XXX>> In finished bikes.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <<RIDGE RUNNER MUSCLE>>

I wouldn't worry about it, peterbuilt. It's no different than cutting, the brake or rear fender mount to widen the rear stays. Or cutting the seat tube to lower the seat. Or cutting, adding, or changing rear dropouts. Or removing the lower bar(s) on a cantilever frame. You cut a piece off, added nothing, welded nothing....I don't consider it "disqualified"....Let the VOTES decide. :lol:

Took paint and rust off with grinder on fork. Looks Great prefect surface for the special paint I plan to use. Please stay tuned.

build7.jpg

Can you guess the paint I used ?

build7007.jpg

Re: <<RIDGE RUNNER MUSCLE>>(Guess the paint)

Xcruiser said:
I (think) his mod is okay,frame Geometry is unchanged.Either way,something interesting is bubbling around here,Ill stay tuned.
Thank you!

Looks great, man! 8)

KOTA said:
I wouldn't worry about it, peterbuilt. It's no different than cutting, the brake or rear fender mount to widen the rear stays. Or cutting the seat tube to lower the seat. Or cutting, adding, or changing rear dropouts. Or removing the lower bar(s) on a cantilever frame. You cut a piece off, added nothing, welded nothing....I don't consider it "disqualified"....Let the VOTES decide. :lol:
pretty much says it all.

lol It mighta been different if ya cut off the top tube of a conventional frame but in my eyes all ya did was cut off a basically useless (tab) for lack of a better term.Due to it being a folding frame I dont see it as changed in any way from the mod.You didnt stretch,widen or shorten anything and the rules require the basic Geometry to stay unchanged,and well...its unchanged.

inshane64 said:
Be careful and read the rules before you plan/execute a build.

I don't know yer final plan but I believe you may have disqualified this frame.

I am not tryin to be the build-off police or a rule nazi, I just wanted to warn you so you don't do a whole build expecting to be eligible for voting and be shocked that you aren't.

Just a fellow builder lookin out for is ratrodbikes brothers.

KOTA said:

x2

Inshane, this build off is supposed to be about fun and creativity. I think what PeterBuilt did was ingenious. He made an instant swing bike, I wish I thought of it! The frame geometry remains the same, the profile is the same. Right NOW there are over 500 views on this thread. I can only assume that, maybe, a few MODERATORS have seen it. It's still here.
Inshane: "Just a fellow builder lookin out for is ratrodbikes brothers"....GOOD on YOU, that's what it's all about. :D

Now PeterBuilt asked us to "Guess the paint" on the fork.

Aluminum header coating? just guessing... 8) :mrgreen:

Guess again.

Here's what I used on the forks. I'll use it on the frame, if I ever get it STRIPPED. Guess I'll be using a sanding disk, and wire wheel. I just might be humming "I got the wire wheel blues". Been busy with work, so probably won't get done for a week or so.
build7011.jpg

build7007.jpg

build7012.jpg

Taking a break from my build off bike. My avatar is my two daughters riding a 20 inch tandem. They've grown, so now it was time to build them something else. I have a Columbia tandem for me and the wife. I picked up a Huffy and did it up for my girls. I gotta get some riding pictures, so I can change my avatar. :D

004-1.jpg

Nice tandem! 8)

Ridge Runner is COOL too :mrgreen:

Re: <<RIDGE RUNNER MUSCLE>>Went bananas over the parts I found

Found the seat and wheels I'm going to use today. 8)

build7018.jpg

build7019.jpg

Re: <<RIDGE RUNNER MUSCLE>>Went bananas over the parts I found

Can't have "muscle" in the name...Unless you got some "muscle parts". I like banana seats!

Re: <<RIDGE RUNNER MUSCLE>>frame prep

Started work on frame, added small piece of tube to frame and striping the paint.

build7020.jpg

build7021.jpg

Re: <<RIDGE RUNNER MUSCLE>>frame prep

Careful you don't poke someone's eye out with that.

Latest posts

Back