Retro fixie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I don't have enough projects already, I have started creating a fixie using new parts but, with an old look. The beauty of this project is that I can work on the boardtracker X at the same time. They both need filler, primer and black paint. I need to finish it for the Detroit Alley cats ride in the middle of next month. The first picture is what I started with. A fixie I built in the late 80s form an old Schwinn road bike. The second picture is where I'm going with it. I may add a truss fork as well.
bikes.jpg

Picture-1.jpg

My inspiration
108683135_o.jpg

You're off to a great start! I saw a similar truss-framed Indian from about 1910 at an antique show this morning, lace-up chain guard, wood rims, etc - definitely an inspiration!

that is one freakin bad boy. oh ya, you goota luv this one.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

That looks really cool. You're going to show me up at the race, what with my fat tires and all, I was hoping we would smoke all those fixies with our fat tire bikes. I started painting my bike I raced and my paint job went to heck, I had it all painted and the clear decided to act like paint stripper even after I tested it on an unobtrusive area, same brand paint and everything!

Looks great. I really like the unitized fork/truss rod set up on that red one.

I know it doesn't look like Ive got much done here but, I'm actually only about 3 or 4 days away from finishing it. I need to give it one more sanding and then a clear coat. I'm also waiting on a seat post to arrive in the mail. I was hoping to have it done for a Sun. ride but, I don't think the paint will be ready. It will definitely be ready for the alley cats ride next month.
Picture050.jpg

Picture051-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back