REMIX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday was uneventful…I spent the entire day mocking up front ends, only to retire the day with fruitless results!
I did add a second chainring...I'm not sure about it right now? The bikes esthetics has been challenging; too much of a good thing is a distraction, and too little; nulls the visual interest.
I’m perplexed with the options. I’m going to step away from it and spend the weekend with family...hopefully, it’ll come to me?

If you call thise two ideas failure, I don't know if my mind is ready for your successful ideas!!!! :shock:

absolutely love the the springer and the flow of the ride

Troy

A Steampunk Bike?

Thanks guys for the encouragement...it certainly wasn’t on my radar to build a steampunk bike…but I guess the creative journey takes on you on many different roads to explore?

Last year's objective was to build a science fiction ROCKET bike; a ride that Buck Roger or Flash Gordon would shuttle between their voyages to different planets. Many members saw the influences of Jules Verne in the build and beckoned me to pursue a steampunk’s time-traveling fantasy world. But I restrained myself from building it because it’s not an easy task to pull off - it’s a unique art form a mixture gears, pipes and cogs working seemingly together as opposed to a concoction of parts randomly bolted on for no rhyme or reason?

But since there’s strong consensus from you guys that I’m off to a good start, plus my grand children really likes the direction…I guess I'm up to the challenge to see if I can turn up the steam?

steampunk-stromtrooper-helmet1.jpg
[/URL]

I love the Abe Lincoln - Time Slayer photo.

The Renaissance Man said:
fordsnake said:
A Steampunk Bike?

...it certainly wasn’t on my radar to build a steampunk bike…

You're kidding, right?
If not, then what were you going for? :shock:

I'm looking forward to seeing what's next!

Initially I was going for an eclectic streamline line look, more of an art deco style. I love the designs of that period; airstream, airflow, the Chysler & Empire State building etc. The aesthetics back then encapsulated long flowing and fluid lines...very geometric! But the more I pulled from my parts for the build, the more mechanical it felt...hence the steampunk influences.

It being Mother's Day and all...I didn't devote much time on the build today. However I found several light parts from my scrap bin that I think I could make a few cool things with?

I'm considering using this for a speedo housing...the top half is the bezel from a vintage light, and the bottom half from a Schwinn Autocycle rear fender reflector.

I would love looking through your parts bin!!!

kingfish254 said:
Maybe I can take peek at your part bin, I'm heading back to Cumming, GA. :D

Yesterday I stopped by my storage and picked up a load of parts from my Mustang restoration... I forgot I had some rather nifty things, perfect for this build! I'll share photos when I return in a few days.

fordsnake said:
kingfish254 said:
Maybe I can take peek at your part bin, I'm heading back to Cumming, GA. :D

Make a detour to Savannah and you got a deal. You can even ride Flexy and Fugsley.

Latest posts

Back