REMIX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Renaissance Man said:
The saddle looks sleek!
Hope those bars are wide enough for your knees to fit between. :p
The bars are 19" from tip to tip about the same width as racing drop bars. The seat will have an 18” seat post with a quick release, when the seat's raised it should place the rider back approx., 4-5 inches for knee clearance? Or I’ll just use another vintage gooseneck with a shorter neck...but we’ll see?

Great springer/truss idea!
What spaceship grips are those?
This build is SEXY SEXY SEXY!

Critter1 said:
That's the stuff right there!! NICE.. Might as well make yourself a slick little springer based on those extenders..
Machine Age Victim said:
Beautiful! This is quickly becoming my favorite.
MplsCoaster said:
Wow! That's the good stuff
Skipton said:
:!: :!: Fantastic :!: :!:
CCR said:
Keep it up looking great !!!
erichitscar said:
This is coming together nicely! keep it up! :D
Rat Rod said:
Dang man you're killing it again. :shock:
Those tires look awesome on those 3Gs! :shock:

Thanks so much guys! I had an idea of where I wanted to go with this build before I fried my computer last week with all my designs stored on the HD. It's now in the shop and I have my fingers crossed they'll be able to retrieve the data? I'm so struggling with this user computer and it's jumping keys..but beggars can't be choosey :)

kingfish254 said:
Great springer/truss idea!
What spaceship grips are those?
This build is SEXY SEXY SEXY!
Hey King, yeah the grips are rocket ships...pretty cool uh? I thought they would be a nice touch on MoFaux but they popped up after the build off last year. I've been waiting for right opportunity to use 'em :D

Really liking this bike so far.
Great color combination!
Can't wait to see it done although I'm not sure it needs much more, looks awesome already!

DAY 8:

I didn't do much today, I just studied the front fork and the possibilities of what I could do with it? I'm avoiding a springer because of the headlight,,,I don't want it to look too traditional. Attached is one direction I'm exploring...I chopped up a battered fork to make this "Y" fork template. It's interesting but I'm not sure if this is what I want to do? I'll try a few more options tomorrow before I decide.

IB57 said:
Really liking this bike so far.
Great color combination!
Can't wait to see it done although I'm not sure it needs much more, looks awesome already!

Thanks, but this is not the color combo. I like it, but the more I stare at it...it seems naked, too clean! :lol:

I cant watch no more. :| .. Another great bike in the makin.... After your last years entry,I should stop right now.... :D

fordsnake said:
DAY 8:

I didn't do much today, I just studied the front fork and the possibilities of what I could do with it? I'm avoiding a springer because of the headlight,,,I don't want it to look too traditional. Attached is one direction I'm exploring...I chopped up a battered fork to make this "Y" fork template. It's interesting but I'm not sure if this is what I want to do? I'll try a few more options tomorrow before I decide.

That's cool, but I'm thinking it would be better to run them to the top of the head tube, like beefed up Truss rods. MHO.

fordsnake said:
DAY 8:

Just my humble idea, I would love to see the "truss" of the springer turned the other direction and come out behind the fork (under the head tube) then have a spring run parallel to the down tube for the suspension (I hope that came through the way I envision it)

Latest posts

Back