REMIX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Copperliscious!

I love the look of copper...so I'm using the 3G Jemima's for my rims

I would love to get my hands on this sprocket and crank arms

The first time I heard the word patina it was in a art history class referencing the Bronze Age...I love how heavy metal weathers with a verdigris finish or a dark mottling appearance. I'm inspired to build this bike as if it were cobbled together with different heavy patina metals: bronze, brass and copper combined for a handcrafted sturdy construction. Riveted accents for textural visual interest.

I'm not sure if I can achieve the distinctive look I have in my head...but we'll see where it goes?

That's what I love about your builds. Not much "typical" about them. I would hate to go yard saleing with you because we would probably fight over the same weird stuff.

Tank looking nice, I went to a swap meet a week early myself a couple of years ago.

"traditional"

Fordsnake style. loving it so far and i am right there with ya on the copper

DAY 6:
I spent today stripping and banging out a duck tail on the rear fender. I had to make cut-outs for it to fit the rear stays.

I also pulled from my parts pile a really nice Remix sprocket and crank (ok,its a Rollast).

I did a quick mock up...now you can see the duck tail on the rear fednder. I just haven't fiqured out what to do with the fork...a springer?

Everything just works so good together in that mock up.
Except the fork. I agree that a springer is needed.

DAY 7:
Continued to work on the mock up...I think I'm done with the direction? I like the mixture of parts, after all that's my theme: repurposing and reusing parts l have laying around! Mixing old with new parts; trying to fused them into an attractive and sexy package!

Working within the mandatory guidelines is a little challenging...no welding or cutting the frame! But with a little ingenuity it is possible to alter the stance of a bike without chopping it. Last night I had a light bulb moment, searching around the garage I saw I had these aluminum extenders from a subspension bike...I pulled them off the rear and dropped them on the front fork and voila, a low ride! Now I just need to figure out how to do the truss?

I tossed out the idea of using the vintage handlebars..love the look of these (Junior) upright bars and I flipped the gooseneck around.
Originally, I was going to use a long spring saddle, but I had this slim seat in my parts bin...fresh!

Nice lines, overall look and stance.

Latest posts

Back