rELEVENt SETBACK.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headlight is cool but was hoping to see the Grand Canyon pic for for your finale.
I know man, I want one of those too. Personally, I don't like the light. Maybe it's the shape of it, or where I mocked it up; I don't know. I just wanted to get the general consensus.

Make it work LED . Looks great got to have on on there. now your compleat[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji35] I keep going back to that darned tank[emoji35]
33a2e1b8eb1976fad5f31fa502000059.jpg

b7a023d80de9809d3372497aeb4584fc.jpg

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Anyone remember this statement?

That's how I'm feeling about the headlight now. The more I look at it, the more I like it.
Darned headlight anyway.

Decision made, no headlight.
I'll add a sticker instead, it might cost me some votes; but I didn't build this for votes. I built it for me.

Edit away moderators.
Once I add this sticker, this bike is done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was there a picture of a sticker that got edited?
And, whatever. Welcome to the finished club!

Was there a picture of a sticker that got edited?
And, whatever. Welcome to the finished club!
Yes, there was a sticker. I knew it would be edited because of the image, but when I saw it while on my trip I thought it was perfect.

It wasn't aimed at anyone specifically, just a perfect sticker for a rat rod bike.

I chose not to put a light on because I only had a housing, and that didn't make sense to me. I won't be able to get a complete light before the build off is over, so no light.

I chose not to put a light on because I only had a housing, and that didn't make sense to me. I won't be able to get a complete light before the build off is over, so no light.
Makes sense to me. I scrapped the light idea as well, early on...

(I thought the sticker was cool, but understand why its gone)

I built a very nice light in an old Deitz housing with the guts of two small LED lanterns I got at Big Lots for next to nothing, for Sgt. Rock. You could do this...
115misc%20110.JPG

Carl.

I built a very nice light in an old Deitz housing with the guts of two small LED lanterns I got at Big Lots for next to nothing, for Sgt. Rock. You could do this...
View attachment 28177

Carl.
I like that light, but I had a specific idea that requires a single lens. I haven't finished it just yet, still some cleaning to do.
I'm back to work today, so I might still be able to do it; but who knows. The trip we took pretty well drained our savings, gotta get that built back up first.

Well originally the Deitz used a single headlight bulb but I broke it. I had cut the back of it open at the filaments to insert the LED from the lanterns. Looked good till I busted it on reassembly.lol. Hopefully you have better luck.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

That's why I like the Indian head light, it comes apart easy and has a big opening in the back. But I only have one that's complete and it's going on the moped.

If I can, I'll make a trip to u part it to see what they have.

Ahh... yeah the lens is the hard part and then the reflector... but if you find a suitable donor the LED flashlight or lantern guts are easy. A little solder and a lot of hot glue and you've got a light. Cool either way though with under 3 weeks to go...

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Originally I wanted to do something else for this build off, I designed and researched. I got opinions from other RRB members.
But alas fate intervened, and I didn't have cash flow to do what I wanted.
So I built a bike based around one of my favorite build off bikes, I hope I paid homage.

Inspiration
f908c9d4c27217b63819a6bf28b187f6.jpg

Build

4fa2702877cacdb55680648cda48b592.jpg

Well, another great build off has ended. A lot of really cool builds in the finished thread. I'm happy with how mine turned out, honestly my best work so far.

Just want to thank everyone again for following along, it's been a great few months. And the final tally for me was 9,730 miles, was a good time for my wife and I.

All I did was drive around with a bike in the back of a truck.
I still don't know how Luke managed to travel Australia and build a bike at the same time, stressful.

And speaking of Luke, I want to end this post the way I started the thread.
This isn't the bike I intended to build this year, but I like it.
As far as the bike I intended, again thanks to @LukeTheJoker @fordsnake and @OneHorsePower for the input on my idea, I've been doing a lot of re-designing. Look for Evolution Flyer next year.

Latest posts

Back