rELEVENt SETBACK.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My traveling Shakesbeerean drama, yes Cody, WY is a great town. Bought my first cowboy hat there as a kid in 1967, and my most recent in 2003. And the drive from Cody to the north gate of Yellowstone is the bomb.

My traveling Shakesbeerean drama, yes Cody, WY is a great town. Bought my first cowboy hat there as a kid in 1967, and my most recent in 2003. And the drive from Cody to the north gate of Yellowstone is the bomb.

Bear Pass! I went through there in July of 1976 as a kid and slid down a snow bank in my shorts! They said the average annual temp there is 0 degrees!

Thanks guys.
It seems to stay kinda chilly the higher the elevation.
The drive through Wyoming so far has been great, and we're barely in the state. Last time I came through was on the interstate, love two lane highways.

My dad, little brother, 2 guides, and 5 other 9th grade boys woke up to 6" of fresh snow on their tents in the Bear Tooth Mountains in late June on a church back packing trip one morning. My dad kept the fire going for 2 days until the guides got their bearings and found the way out....

Well folks, I think I'm done posting pics of this bike on this trip.
Wife and I just sat down and looked over everything, we realized we're quite a bit behind where we thought we'd be and funds are low. Pretty much just gonna be a drive home at this point.
She has to work next week, so we gotta get her there on time.

For those I've met on this trip, it was great meeting all of you.
For those I just missed because I didn't know where I was or forgot you lived in a certain area, and those I have to skip out on.... We'll probably meet one day, or on the next trip.

Thank you all for going on this journey with me, next update will be about work on the bike. It has rust now where I didn't want any.

Great man! Glad yall had a good trip and I wish you a safe trip home.

Ok, I lied.
We made camp near Sturgis, so I had to stop by the world famous Full Throttle Saloon.
(pics are grainy)

This tent went up in place of the old building about three weeks ago, a new throttle is being built a few miles away and scheduled to open August 5th.
7975e391ab1df7025f3af16abb15d126.jpg

fe74b93400a76b7141d8f238ea5fb0c8.jpg

e2d16a480ce93fca7be72a250f1d65b0.jpg

1d21f73ac3a21c33d677962c71dbd4e8.jpg

8c1be8409bb7355c01d1b5118f5a16b5.jpg

75e9ebe36d0d66940bb7f1a2a243173c.jpg

14a382e75e1734e70cf9308f429654cf.jpg

While looking at the fire damage I found this old girl.
53b5e4ada6b6c32c4da4c84bd1dedc63.jpg

bb8430648264adb08e1b50f81e205149.jpg

I asked if I could have it, but it was melted into the tree and go figure; I didn't bring a chainsaw.

Anyway, I think that really is it for pics. Now I need to catch up on builds I haven't gotten updates on.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Very cool ,man enjoy the trip also ! I got to do that when I was fresh out of high school but that was a long time ago . Hope you got to go to mnt Rush more when you were in Sturgis South Dakota. Not too fare from there . I went there at the 50th Sturgis bike rally anniversary
& stayed at the Buffalo chip campground good times ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When does the calendar for this bike come out?

- by Gigmata
I'll see what I can do about that.

Very cool ,man enjoy the trip also ! I got to do that when I was fresh out of high school but that was a long time ago . Hope you got to go to mnt Rush more when you were in Sturgis South Dakota. Not too fare from there . I went there at the 50th Sturgis bike rally anniversary
& stayed at the Buffalo chip campground good times ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Headed to Rushmore and Crazy Horse now, then east toward home.

If I feel like getting the bike out of the truck and can get a good shot, there might be a couple more pics. But honestly, I'm tired and un-hooking my bike seems like work at this point.

The trip home had me travelling close to southern Michigan, so I met up with @CrazyDave. Cool guy, cool collection, was nice meeting you.
And now my truck has a few new projects in the bed.

Speaking of beds, another 4 hours and I'll finally be able to sleep in my own.

Its been great guys, thanks for following along. In a week or so I'll know if my bike has a few extra parts, or if one of my trip pics will be for voting.

Good to meet you too man, Very cool. A caber from central OH got here a half hour after you and I got to clear some more space in the garage:D Happy trails man, heck of trip you had!

Good to meet you too man, Very cool. A caber from central OH got here a half hour after you and I got to clear some more space in the garage:D Happy trails man, heck of trip you had!
Turns out it's not over yet, got to home town yes. Decided to eat at ihop, couldn't get service there; so waffle house here I am...
Should be a good evening.:21:

The trip home had me travelling close to southern Michigan, so I met up with @CrazyDave. Cool guy, cool collection, was nice meeting you.
And now my truck has a few new projects in the bed.

Speaking of beds, another 4 hours and I'll finally be able to sleep in my own.

Its been great guys, thanks for following along. In a week or so I'll know if my bike has a few extra parts, or if one of my trip pics will be for voting.
#gottheshaftinmn

Headlight seems to 'round out' the front end nicely...

Latest posts

Back