Red Velvet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had a great day out yesterday giving the old girl a solid shakedown run with the missus. Bike performed magnificently and despite the dinner plate sized chainring rides quite nicely. It is everything I'd hoped it would be and then some. This is my David, Sistine Chapel and Mona Lisa.

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/red-velvet-by-hellcat-cycles.92459/

This is Red Velvet.

I wanted to come as close as possible to the original colour

40's Monark frame, Rolfast fork, Hawthorne bar

Jockey linkage actuated generator

The machined jockey lever operates a brass rod connected to a Sanyo generator behind the bottom bracket which powers the headlight and taillight via internal wiring in the frame.

Replaced the rubber pedal blocks with some nice custom billet ones I made. The pedals got a full rebuild and feel brand new.

Brooks saddle connected to the frame via a custom billet seatpost made to fit me. It's flush mounted to the seattube and held in place by two M6 bolts.

Sealed cartridge bearing headset and internal wiring through the headtube

This is the critical link between the jockey lever and brass rod and took some time to figure out

Custom turned bar end plugs

Last edited:
Nice work! Very clean, classy build. And with your custom aluminum bits really sets it apart from other similar builds. Looks like a great rider too; a rolling piece of art....

SWEET , that machined aluminum is killer , love the peddles & seat post . Nice build !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a great day out yesterday giving the old girl a solid shakedown run with the missus. Bike performed magnificently and despite the dinner plate sized chainring rides quite nicely. It is everything I'd hoped it would be and then some. This is my David, Sistine Chapel and Mona Lisa.

This is Red Velvet.

very nice job

WOW :43:

Latest posts

Back