"Red" the Chopper (Finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you all had a great Christmas, been hot where I live 25 C (That's 75 F in America) been down the beach with the
family, nice! This afternoon did a bit on my bikes

Doing another cruiser frame, really like these frames I'm a curves man for sure. Want to go for a semi chopper look on
this one,mild extended forks cranked front fork stem, laid back seat post, banana seat, sissy bar and of course low.

Started with a standard cruiser frame, have done a few of these and I find the seat post often seized in, simple fix cut it off and
fit a new one at the same time lay the seat post back, like that laid back look, here she is after cuts on some 26 inch rims.
p5225342.jpg
p5225345.jpg

Here is where I'm at today all welded filled and primed, going for red as a tribute to my brother, he's a read head!
pc267938.jpg
pc267930.jpg

Got a couple of handle bar options may go apes although have to admit to not being overly keen on apes, donno why just
me!? Also sissy bar may go long or short wait and see how she looks when put together.
pc267933.jpg
pc267934.jpg

In this pic you can see the cranked fork stem and the laid back seat mod. Had some spare lengths of tube so used them here.
pc267936.jpg
pc267931.jpg

As I said I love a good curve, didn't go as far as my Long Low and Slow bike (Link below) you can see a theme I guess.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=47489

pc267935.jpg
pc267937.jpg

Re: "Red" the Chopper

The extra tube set is a cool touch.

This one has been collecting dust under a tarp for a few months, got motivated and got a few things
done over the last couple of days, gone in a bit of a different direction.

4c9t.jpg
jkf4.jpg

g5xv.jpg
6mcd.jpg

Didn't like my first mock up so had another go and I'm going with this, really wanted the sissy bar,
seat post and forks on a similar angle. Also found some rough 20 inch fenders which wrap the tyres
just right, changed the bars as well.
4ayl.jpg
5xlx.jpg

Used a cut up front sprocket as a bracket for the front fender.
crd7.jpg
giof.jpg

Bit tricky getting the sissy bar so laid back, seat post with strong gusset and moved the bottom of
the sissy bar forward.
gisg.jpg
v8un.jpg

This one changed her mind during assembly for now with 26inch wheels, really nice laid back rider.
2mdqeqp.jpg
8wktg2.jpg

Painted the checker plate front sprocket, alongside a visiting Robinson R44.
2z50sqx.jpg
sora11.jpg

24eci9z.jpg
2hqgg9j.jpg

300cffs.jpg

Here she is with white walls and all backs, looks meaner with all blacks me thinks?!
117xr3o.jpg
2s6wpw9.jpg

Looks really good Pirate! I like the way it looks with the bigger wheels and agree that the blackwalls look meaner too! I do hope that guard mount gets used on another build somewhere though!

Luke.

Lowered this baby onto 20s and some old fenders, love things when they are lower.
2hdoeww.jpg
sdzbef.jpg

2pow943.jpg
mjqw6h.jpg

The two weekly ship is in, brings freight including vehicle and aviation fuel.
357ovpt.jpg
117v1tw.jpg

Absolutely picture perfect day out in the south pacific today!

I am not that big on choppers and I don't like ape hangers and you have successfully wooed me!
I love it

Got an offer I couldn't refuse a local actually pleaded me to sell it to her.
I found it quite hard to do, I think I have a problem emotionally attached
to my bikes, I have an illness!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back