• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Red Schwinn Cruiser 5 chain guard

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, pretty new to the forum. I’m looking for a good-mint condition 1980’s Schwinn cruiser 5 chain guard in red. I’m from Southern California-Riverside county to be exact if anyone wants to meet up. Thanks!

99EA3E9F-E451-43CC-A9D6-57BFB0BB71C9.jpeg
Welcome to the forum!
How about a pic of your bike?
(Or maybe post an INTRO).
Ok here’s a picture of the red cruiser I’m putting back together as a cruiser 5. I’ve had it for many years. My dad took it from a neighbor who was going to throw it away. It came as a single speed, but always questioned certain parts of the bike through out the years. After neglecting the bike for some years, I decided to put it back together about a month or two ago. While restoring my bike, I learned a lot about these 80’s cruisers. I found out that this was originally a cruiser 5. That’s why I want to bring it all back to its original form. The frame and the fork are for a cruiser 5, so I might as well do it. I just bought all the parts to bring make it happen, but all I need is the original chain guard. I’m hoping to get one with the original silk screen on it. Hope I can get one!

Latest posts

Back