RED A** MONKEY FINISHED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My friend Mikeeebikey built a really cool Dyno Cruiser Racer the problem was he had to show it to me I loved it so off to the shop and Ebay I go. I had an old Schwinn Point Beach Alloy cruiser frame hangin around which was perfect Dug up some 700 racing wheels, a set of bars off a Wrecked Schwinn Trailway, and an old set of chrome ratraps. I found a set of old alloy dia-compe clamshell brakes that will work. Then to Ebay I want as much lightweight stuff as I can find so Deore octilink crank with a deore xt derailer, New Shimano chain, XLC alloy seatpost, And three different types of brake handles(not sure which I will us yet), And a set of Kenda KWEST 700X25c tires. Still looking for the perfect forks at the shop.Anyway here is the mockup so far

R.A.M. is off to good start!

This should be your headbadge
newhome_monkey_g.png

I'll be watching this one. Can you keep the weight under 30 pounds? Alloy bars would help. Also, that rack is nice, but it weighs more than both of the wheels put together. :D

Jim, I know the rack adds some weight but makes the look so I will loose some extra weight somewhere else. Luke, I havent ridden it yet I still have to workout a shifter and finish some brakes and other thing it is comfortable to sit on. This is just a first mock-up I will probably change the fork looking for a carbonfibre one for it. maybe some alloy bars like Jim suggested. I am also going to cut off the brake and chaingaurd bosses. Once I get it the way I want it Ill tear it down for paint and reassemble it. Ill keep ya'll up to date on this thread.

Found three Graphics for the headbadge idea kingfish gave me Ill let ya'll decide vote one two or three.

Last edited by a moderator:
2- #2
-Like Mrs. Woods told the officers, "put me down for 2!"

Due to a new job working 70 to 75 hours a week I though the monkey project would be on the back burner for months and I would have to close down my shop. But my good friend (which I met a year or so ago on this forum which is why I love RRB the people are the best) mikeeebikey volunteered to put my bike together for me and to help out at the shop when his time allowed. So we finally got all but two small pieces gathered up and he has started putting the monkey in motion hopfully he will post some build pics and when he's done we will post final weight and parts break down.Thanks again Mikeee your the best.

1400326627283_zpsa24c55f2.jpg

Here's what Big Daddy brought me, or at least here's the fun stuff!
The frame will be heavily pictured to show, "canti boss removal," today.

So I got some monkey business done today....
20140517_120202_zps3c9e1b88.jpg

Ha ha, Big Daddy just told me to, "have my way with his monkey!" -Stay tuned as I go way overboard.....

Last edited:
Been busy but have made a little headway with the rack:
1401354895890_zps086b0142.jpg

Holier than thou!
Pretty sure a decent sized laptop will crush it!

Latest posts

Back